I'm 5'7, 116 lbs and balding?

What do you think of this kind of a man? Should I just suicide? It's funny that my mother keeps telling me "appearance does not matter".

Most Helpful Girl

• Appearance DOES matter, it's just not the only thing that matters.

So many people are convinced they'll never find anyone because they aren't Hollister-model-good-looking. Surely your options are wider if you look like Ryan Gosling and have his money and fame to go with it. Sure. But most people have a bias against dating someone transgender and yet trans people find love. Most people have a bias against dating a quadriplegic and yet quadriplegic people find love. I think you should spend less energy feeling bad about whatever disadvantages you perceive yourself to have and more energy on enjoying and playing up the things that are good about your life.

• What makes me want to suicide is this unjustness. Nor Ryan Gosling neither I chose our appearance but look at him and me. Fuck this, really. Appearence is the only thing that matters unless you're stupid. That's my curse.

• Well, if you're determined to believe that appearance is the only thing that matters, I won't be able to change your mind. I'll just say that I've only dated a couple guys who were real 10s and I'd choose my current boyfriend over any Ryan Gosling any day.

Most Helpful Guy

• I am 5'8", 116 pounds, and the front part of my hair is gray while the rest is mostly brown. Embarrassing but I'm hanging in there. If you focus on other parts in life then your looks won't be so bothersome to you. Give it a try. I'm focusing on my career and trying to reach my goal in it. A successful career will make me happy, bring me money, and if my looks bother me then I can always change it. There is no benefit from suicide. So please remove suicide from your list of options. If you focus on a goal in life and work for it then you will reach it and nothing else will stop you from being proud of yourself.

What Girls Said 2

• Never commit suicide

• Just shave your head, bald can look good. Try weightlifting and eating more to gain weight and bulk.

What Guys Said 4

• i'm balding. married to a gorgeous woman. lack of hair isn't the end of anything except your hair. your mom is being kind to an extent of course appearance matters to some end however it isn't the end all be all and certainly being bald isn't the end of anything.
    so no you should not commit suicide.

56 million adults in America are dealing with some form of hair loss. that's literally 1/5 of all americans and about 1/4 (that's 1 in 4) adults are dealing with hair loss

• Please don't think about suicide, there is a solution to every problem you just have to look for it, sometimes it takes longer to find the solution that's all.

• I am 5'7 and 130lbs and I have lost all of my hair except for some left on my eyelashes and head hair.

• Then how does suicide gonna help you? Your balding is treatable and if you don't have money problems then just dooh ittt bruh