How do I get over being an ugly guy?

this has become a serious usue enough to get me on anti depressants they help a bit they keep me from self harm and suicide attemps. Great I'm at the very least safe from harming myself but I still feel really bad about my looks. I KNOW I'm ugly and I also get told I am on a daily basis. I live in a country where looks are THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT thing. If you look ugly you won't even get a job, yes men too.

Don't even get me started on my "love life"

Looks are important to me (my own looks not everyone elses before you go calling me shallow) I would give anything to be a hot guy which I'm not I'm just average which is prtety much the same thing as ugly. Average means not hot not hot = ugly.

Problems arise that I don't leave my house I already gave up on a love life bnecause ugly guys never get girls (dont give me that confidence crap) I appear confident on the outside and people give me comments like " How can you be so confident looking like you do, I wouldn't even leave my house if I looked like you!" I brush it aside and run back home and STAY home.

Yes I work out (I know people are gonna suggest this)

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think you are the problem but where you live is really. I get it because where I live you aren't accepted if you dont smoke and get drunk even at my age. You don't look bad at all (side note changing your hair style, clothes style, facial hair, tattoos can really change ur appearance) you dont want to be around people who only accept you because on your looks anyway, to me personality is waaay so much important (sure its what stays in relationship you won't look the same forever) Bro go live where you are respected and accepted

Most Helpful Guy

• F'ck that dude. Who says, anyway? Focus on your education and future career and get bent on making lots of money and investing and managing it well. Focus on those things and not your looks cuz while it seems right now that's highly important... it's not. And trying to get laid with these girls? If you're not, you're not missing anything you won't eventually get at about a dime a dozen. So please don't sweat that!!!

Focus. Education. Career. Money. Do that and ugly or not won't matter a damn.

What Girls Said 3

• You need to find your worth in things other than your appearance or your value to woman. Start buying sandwiches for homeless people, becoming friends with the mentally ill, visiting people at hospitals, or helping the elderly with their groceries. THIS is your purpose in life. This is every able bodied and fully functioning intellectual's purpose in life. Your purpose is so much greater than merely being physically attractive and popular with men or woman.

• That won't help, at all. Humans need relationships and sex. It's in every psychological theory. How does he solve that?

• Well I do that I take care of the elderly and the homeless and still feel like crap

• Ugh quit bitching every minute. It's becoming more unattractive than your face.

• Where do you live?

What Guys Said 6

• Que Sera Sera.

Get yourself a nice gin , listen to some french music and look out the window.

• I call bullshit. I've seen uglier guys than you get laid. Man up and get back out there with a winning attitude. You don't have that.

• they dont live in puerto rico tho here good looks are worshipped over all and on average people are really attractive here

• Improve your body

• You dont. You step the fuck up and change that. Now go and do something to change it.

• like what? I already go to the gym and dress nicely

• Seek help from a hairstylist. If ur skin is not looking good , visit a dermatologist. etc.

• My skin is clear and my hair is horrible to work with so I keep it short

• Youa re 8/10 but the thinks in your lips makes your 2.1/10

• You can get plastic surgery on your face.