Why am I not pretty enough?

Society places so much on the idea of "beauty" and what it is to be classifyed as "pretty" or "beautiful." I'm 15 and I've got a crush on this guy but all the girls in my year say "Oh you're not pretty enough for him."
But why? I know I'm not a supermodel and I'm definetely not stunning but why am I not pretty enough to fancy a guy in my year? He's popular and I'm academic... I have never claimed I'm pretty but why is the concept constantly surronding us? All around me girls are saying "Oh you need to have perfect teeth for a guy to like you, nice hair, a cute smile, be skinny, have a thigh gap!)
I don't have a thigh gap! I have big thighs that wobble a bit. I have a little bit of tummy fat (Isn't that normal anyway at 15?) I'm one of the shortest in my year. I have a tiny gap in my bottom middle teeth but you can hardly see it and I have staight top teeth. I have long brown hair that can look red in some lights. I have blue eyes.
(Btw some of these were from a photoshoot for my b -day)
So do you think I'm not pretty enough?

Why am I not pretty enough?

Thank you all for your honesty :)

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 10

• Your friends are right and wrong.
    The way I see it , is that your friends are not looking at what society says in the same way you might think. Maybe they know he is popular and their assessment might be that he's never serious and just dates serially , maybe trying to add notches to his belt. What if your friends are lying to you , to protect you. I'm siding with them, you are pretty enough , but you will probably get used and hurt. I would tell you the truth , your friends might not , but in the end it might be for a good reason. You are looking for approval on your appearance by giving us details of gap and teeth etc, You might be trying to prove the fact that you are pretty if you can land the Popular guy , you are putting too much emphasis on petty details in your appearance. The right guy later on in your life with love you the way you are , this popular guy won't matter then and he shouldn't matter now

• I'll remember all of that and bare it in mind thank you

• Yup you're pretty enough to get a boyfriend!

The thing is, mens' tastes in women is more various than the media tells you women! :-D

• Thank you :) And that's good to know :)

• @Prof_Don , you are right , men and women believe way to much what the media tells them, and the media is push by those wanting to make money on our imperfection.

• c'mon... don't say this... u r awesome... and of course u'll be even better as u grow up!!!

also never mind society "standards" about beauty... they mean nothing... trust me ;)

• That's really nice of you to say thank you :)

• i was honest... but someone else disliked it as it seems :(

• I appreciate your honesty and yeah I know..

• All guys have their own taste in women it's just that you're in an area with guys with a much more diverse taste in women

• I didn't read the text... Just checked the photos... And you're pretty, there's no denying that

• Really cute and pretty girl. A lot of boys may be stalking you withou you know it...

• Haha I'm not sure about that lol but thank you

• You are beautiful. Too much emphasis is put on looks. A guy will gravitate to you if you are somewhat outgoing and have a sweet personality. This alone will make you even hotter to a guy

• Firstly grow up and see the result

• Yes you are pretty , and beautiful

• You're pretty enough, just too young

What Girls Said 2

• Don't worry about being short. There is a VERY short girl at my church who won first place in a beauty pageant with hundreds of tall girls in the competition - possibly even thousands. I also hate thigh gaps - I think they look anorexic on girls. Also there are MANY men and woman who prefer intelligent girls over pretty ones. The older you get the more important intelligence will be and when you are smart it is easier to maintain a marriage and men are more likely to marry you. If you are beautiful - guys will date you but probably not marry you.

• That is good to know thank you :D

• You're adorable. :D