Why do people don't mind posting selfies showing a messy room in the background?

*Why do people not mind... -.-

Most Helpful Guy

• They probably want to project how good looking they are, compared to the messy background! :P

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe before posting they only check themselves if they look great and if it's worthy posting online. They are TOO concerned on how they look so they forget what's around them. I've actually thought of that, although it's not a selfie but a picture I took of someone else. When I saw it again after some time, I realized the background sucks (backyard mess) but the act is cool (basketball shot) :))

What Guys Said 10

• Haha I think it's because... they're used to it :D
    We see it as messy but for them it's home I guess :o

• Lol! Now I wonder if they're oblivious to the mess in the rooms of other girls too xD

• Rumour has it that some people find nothing if their room is not a mess :o
      Order is like a mess to them hahaha 8)

• i've seen worse things than just a messy room.

like someone postin a selfie in his/her restroom wid his/her turd on da background coz he/she forgot to flush da toilet

or when they mak an effort to take a selfie wid their mirrors facin their backs... when they take their selfie they have their ass' reflection on da background as well

• Yeah, it makes you wonder if they do it intentionally or not lol

• i believe some people do it intentionally in order to draw more attention. a turd on da background sure'll draw more attention even in a bad way. but still they'll do

• Well, maybe that's not an important thing that's on their mind and they think so what if their room is messy? they are not worried about it simple

• I figured that they are likely not worried, but why not? After all, they do care a great deal about what others think of their bodies.

• Why? I can think of two reasons:

1. One reason could be they don't give too much importance to cleanliness and they don't probably don't give importance in keeping things clean around them.

2. As a person, they may not be disciplined and organised so they don't like to keep their room clean and organised.

I can think of only two as of now.

• Why do many teenaged girls (like my sister ) not care about a messy room, whether taking a selfie or not? I mean, if they don't care if anyone sees their messy room any other time, why would they care when taking a selfie that they're going to post?

I say many teenaged girls cuz that's who i see posting selfies mostly. Doesn't mean some teenaged boys or grown men and women can't be messy too.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that at the moment taking the selfie that they're far more concerned about how they look and what people will think about that than how neat or messy their room is or what people will think about that.

Seems quite normal for teens to me. Especially girls.

• I guess I just grew up in a different culture. My sis and I are messy. Always were and still are, but whenever we expected guests, we would clean like crazy before they arrived. Properly when we have more time, hiding the mess by 'rearranging' it if we had little time.

It just seems odd when girls only care whether people find them hot and not care whether people think they are slobs... like only one kind of appearance matters.

• Doesn't seen odd to me at all for teenaged girls. And I never think of a teen girl as a slob just because her room is always messy. I'd need more evidence of teen girl being a slob than just her messy bedroom. I don't think the messy room of a teen girl is indicative of anything, much more than being a teen girl.

• As a guy, if you're looking at a pretty girl's picture and all you see is the messy room you're probably either OCD or not straight. I came to check out the girl, why do I care if the room is messy or not, it's not like I'm going there to hang out or something. Usually it's look for a couple seconds then you move on.

• Tunnel vision seems to be stronger among males.

• It's more like ADHD where you can't look at a picture for too long, much like how guys tend to flip through TV channels very frequently only stopping for a few seconds on each while girls tend to spend more time on every channel. You spend more time looking so naturally you start noticing the other stuff behind the person in the picture more often.

• I like it. I examine the back ground to get am insite into their lives

• I think they don't know framing for photos and don't even think about whats in the picture with them. Maybe they figure they are hot enough that no one will notice the mess, or trying to make the photos seem legitimately amateur.

• I don't know, but with time I'm learning to accept not everyone has OCD like me :)

• they think they outshine everything

• because young people aren't as over-obsessed with cleanliness like their mothers

• Spoking like a messy defending himself lol Believe it or not, some young people are cleaner than you.

• That was like watching a train wreck LOL

What Girls Said 11

• They probably don't care that their room is messy. It really isn't a priority for some people. I still keep mine neat just because... I'm supposed to. But I don't care about mess at all, and it usually doesn't even occur to me that other people do care. So I assume the people who take selfies in a messy room aren't even thinking about it. They're more focused on themselves, anyway, right?

• I tend to be messy too. But if I take a pic, I'll make sure the messy parts are not visible, even if it means temporarily pushing the mess into one corner lol. It just seems kinda funny, because when you ask someone to look at your pic, they will notice the background because it's part of the pic, unless the pic is only 1/4 room.

• Or just crop the pic xD Arm fat struggle is real! lol

• Arm fat is such a pain. XD I always love finding that one magical shirt that makes your arms look thin!

• They probably don't realize how messy or disorganized their rooms are since they see it like that often. It looks normal to them, so they think nothing of taking a photo and posting it online. It's just only super bad when they have personal items, I'll call them, lying out in the open for everyone to see. Haha.

• Too caught up in their ego or the moment to realize they look like a slob.

• i think they didn't pay attention to the surrounding before taking selfies

• Haha cause they probably think they look so good that the dirty room won't be so noticeable except them XD

• Because I ain't cleaning that shit up just to take a selfie

That's putting in way too much effort for one foto

• I guess they might wanna show "My life is messy but i'm still okay with it" kinda attitude, and some might just do it to draw attention and some people are straight up lazy!

• They must not even think of their surroundings.

• Maybe they forgot to tiden up

• i've done it before it im a a friends and you look bomb you can't task them to have a tidy

• XD they dont care as long as they get noticed they GNS