Should I curl my hair?

I have naturally straight hair. I am in highschool. These two things make me want to change up the style of my hair more often than not, especially since I want to feel pretty and be seen as pretty. I hear that the heat of the curling iron hurts your hair. Does it really? And to guys, should I curl my hair? Do guys like it when girls have curled hair or do they just like it because it seems like the girl is putting an effort into her appearance? Girls, is it worth it? What do I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• The heat from your curling iron can definitely damage and dry out your hair. But there are ways to safely create curls without damaging your hair.

If you want to use a curling iron make sure you use a heat protectant spray! Paul Mitchell has a good one and so does tresemme!

Another option is to braid your hair after you shower when it's damp. This will give you a wavy look without heat.

Another thing you can do is take your hair after you shower and while it's still wet and wrap it around a headband. You've possibly seen this on pinterest. I do this all the time and I get so many compliments. It makes my hair look naturally curly or permed without any damage or heat! Plus it lasts all day! This is how you do it: indulgy.com/.../no-heat-curls-tutorial-hairstyles-tutorial

Here's some more no heat hairstyles: www.buzzfeed.com/.../no-heat-hairstyles#.hbVG2PLBV

I have literally retired my straightener and curling iron. I find that the no heat curling methods are way better. Good luck!

• Thank you so much! :D I'll definitely try it. The first day of school is coming up for my district and i think this will help

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• its not worth it.