Am I attractive, for modeling?

So I'm attempting to enter the modeling world, as I am 5'9, and very slim. I am young, 19 so This may b to old to start modeling, but is the prime age for models and jobs. My question is, I have very low confiednce and what is called body-dismorphic disorder therefore I can't see myself for what the rest of the world sees me as. I'm asking you in total honesty if I am pretty enough to be a model, or if not. I won't be hurt or offended I just would like to have a good idea of the the publics opinions before I put myself out there in a cuthroat world I may not be made for.
thank you!!
Am I attractive, for modeling?

Most Helpful Guy

• BULLSHIT!

This is a professional headshot taken by a decent professional photographer after a session with at least one makeup artist and hair stylist. It would have taken at a minimum 3 hours to get this shot.

You wouldn't be asking us if you're pretty enough for modelling, if this was really you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well first off let me just say that you are beautiful whether you can see it or not.

Secondly it honestly depends on the type of model. I can honestly say yes you have what it takes to do advertising like do photoshoots and be in comercials, magazines, or pictures of you in stores or online advertising the clothes (esoecially teen stores like Aero, Hollister, Gilly Hicks etc.).

Now that I've said that unfortunately if you wanted to be a super model and walk on runways you are the required height and you are slim but they typically go after girls that look like barbie dolls while you have a much more natural look (don't take it as an insult). Also though you're skinny either they'll require you to be thinner or if you do fit the requirement size the stress will get to you, you'll gave to stay on a strict diet, and this might lead to you starving yourself which is never good.

So do you have what it takes it really depends on what kind of model you're looking to be.

What Guys Said 40

• You are beyond gorgeous.

http://i.imgur.com/a3xfcR5.gif

You shouldn't go into modeling though. Your self esteem will be destroyed. Modeling agencies, as well as other models, will not give a fuck how you feel.

• Find a hairstlyist, make up artist and a photographer and start your portfolio...
    You can always search through craigslist or kijiji and whatnot to find people looking for models to work with. Everyone benefits because the photos used can be used to add in their own portfolios and everyone aspiring to work in the beauty industry wants to show off what they can do.

• I've been working as a hairstylist for 3 years now and im still adding my works to my portfolio. XD

• I know nothing about modeling other than it will chew you up and spit you out. I have to say though that you are definitely very attractive. Damn !

• You are absolutely gorgeous. But modeling may not be right for you if you have such low self esteem. You can give it a shot, but you might get hurt.

• You are definitely pretty enough to be a model. ♥. And you have the build that agencies prefer for models.
    But honestly, I think modeling could be dangerous career if you struggle with body dismorphic disorder.
    Best of luck to you! I wish you see what i see.

• Yes, you are. Go ahead and try this career.

• You look good to me, just make sure to be careful. Child traffic-ers use fake modeling gigs as bait to get fresh meat. :-/

• Modeling is not a good career for someone with BDD.

• I think you look very attractive in the photo - The very best of luck if you try modelling

• You need to be thinner and have more make up on.

You're not ugly, but models typically have very sharp and defined faces (especially after photoshop).

• Yes you are pretty. Beware though, as I have heard that the modeling world can be super vain and cutthroat.

• I would say yes. I don't know if you can be a runway model, since they generally look rather strange and androgynous.

But you're very attractive and I can see you modelling clothes. If I were a photographer, I'd love to work with you.

• You don't need to ask any body... you ate dead gorgeous <3 and in beginning mostly people has low confidence but with passage of time they built it.
    Well best of luck go ahead , your bright career is waiting for you

• You look good enough. Not particularly attracting to me (looking too skinny), but, good to become a model

• First things first i think you need some sort of confidence in that world or else you could be cheated financially, socialy and career wise also. I will say you are attractive and have the model look in the face. Height I don't know

• You're definitely beautiful. You have what it takes, in my honest opinion.

• I think you are

• Pretty face. I need to see body to say where I feel you might fit in the model world. Honestly there is a spot for you in many places, its mainly up to you if you want to do them

• Go for it, but just watch for scammers

• Maybe. Aren't pro female models usually >5'11"? Definitely pretty in your pic though.

• You are very pretty yes I think you could, I would go for a fit model start lifting and go for it. Fit is in!

• Looks hot to me! What are you doing this weekend?

• I'd say so but you look more like you could be a actress rather then model

• No not really... I don't think so

• Depends on what kind of model you want to be. Fashion is more about how clothes look on you, hand models, foot model etc

• Yes you are attractive. Probably some modeling but I wouldn't expect to be a runway model. Can you look at post in return?

• Yes you are attractive enough. I'm no expert but I do know this, as with anything in life, it's less about looks and more about the passion or desire to do it. But you look pretty enough

• You're not attractive.

• no your nose is a bit off

• oh yes you certainly are

• More from Guys
    10

What Girls Said 11

• You're pretty but if you legitimately have BDD, modeling is the worst thing for you to engage in. Potential clients won't care about your feelings in the slightest. They'll tell it to you how it is, no sugar-coating things. It's a tough environment for people who are relatively confident. If you've already got troubles with your perspective of self, the modeling industry will no doubt tear you down.

• Sure you're ok! Main thing is to be so damned careful of pervy guys who try to get you to pose nude with promises of great things to come. It just never happens. They will just sell your pics and keep the money for themselves. Probably get uploaded to the internet for free download as well.

• You look like you belong on an aeropostal add. I'd say go for it, you look like a beauty.

• You look beautiful, and should definitely consider some sort of job in acting or modeling.

• I think you have a good shot but even though you are beautiful, its extremely competitive and even beautiful girls are rejected sometimes. It depends on the look they are going for, and what the designer finds attractive, its very particular

I was scouted at 15 but my hip bones grew and i got a butt so i couldnt anymore.. I am also 5 foot 8

• Too girl next doorish for modeling, pretty tho

• Eh I don't know. You're defo pretty but very typical looking.

• To be honest, no.. You're not model material

• Depends on the type of modeling. What are you interested in?

• Maybe for rainbowshop...

• oh shut up jealous girl. she's got the very natural scandinavian look. She looks classic

• @lucylovexo What I don't even wear makeup. Lol why are you mad. The rainbow clothing store girls are pretty. Its an actual shop that has fashionable clothes. They have very pretty models. she is pretty... I honestly don't know what ur talking about.

• @lucylovexo

• You already look like a model!