How often do you get told that you are handsome or beautiful? Do you think it has any effect on your self-esteem?

Most Helpful Guy

• Very rarely if ever.

It doesn't really effect my self esteem. I'm just starting to get back into working out and eating a little better, and I haven't done any of that for 2+ years. So with 2+ years of eating like shit, and not really exercising, I don't expect any compliments. Now if I lost some weight and ate better for a year, and lost a good 20-lbs, and still never got any female recognition. Then yea, it would dent my confidence a bit more.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not that often and I'd rather receive a cumplimet in real life than online. But yeah, I think people always seek to verify how they are perceived by others, whether those are positive or negative compliments and yes, I think they have an effect in our self-esteem.

What Guys Said 19

• I have not been told it by girls but I have caught girls checking me out. ;)

• Just by my cousins pretty much.

• Occasionally, and for sure. It never hurts to hear you are attractive from someone else!

• Meh, not that much. Only when I get out of the house xD

• very often by guys
    rarely by girls xD

• Literally daily, not being boastful or anything it's just something that came with the job I have friendly harmless flirty with certain people who come in and they do it to me first then I say something back, all in harmless fun of course.

• Never. I am rarely seen by different people though. I don't go out much. I don't care.

• 0|1
  • I get told I'm handsome looking when someone talk to me but I don't let it get to my head. I'm more mature than that.

• Never

:(

• Lol I am learning to not care about it at all and just be like eh thats cool.

• Never. I'm plotting world domination.

• Actually, noone ever tells me that :( sad panda

• (Except my mom saying i'm handsome :D) Pretty much never. I think it definitely increases your self-esteem. You feel better when you know that you're pretty :)

• Pretty much never.

• I never get told but you look beautiful tho ;-)

• love and be-loved... :)

• Unless I tell myself never

• 'Handsome' seldom, 'attractive' a lot. I got talented and intelligent all the time, also generous, confident, cool-headed, capable (masterful a few times, that's an odd one), perhaps the most odd one was a number of women who said when they first met me they thought I was arrogant (didn't stop them trying to pick me up) but one getting to know me decided I "wasn't like that at all", the peculiar thing was they sounded kind of disappointed. Maybe I was imagining it.

What Girls Said 9

• i dont really keep track of this kind of thing. but of course, if I'm complimented it does flatter me and make me feel that little bit better of myself.

above all, i do feel blessed to have people who think of me like that [if it's not objectifying me of course lol]

• You are beautiful!

and often, and yeah it boosts my ego but then again, I'm a very confident/conceited person <3

• Weekly, but it doesn't effect me. I still feel the same. :/

• More often on here and online than IRL. Outside of my family members, I haven't really been called beautiful by anyone else. I'm used to it. My self esteem has been low pretty much all my life. It's gotten better with time and age but it's definitely not as high as it could or should be.

• Occasionally
    Sometimes happy sometimes neutral about it but wld thank the person

• I rarely get told that I'm beautiful, mostly ugly :/

• LOL I bet your wrong on that

• Well girls and women hate it when they see another girl or woman that is more pretty than they are or some bit of clothing that looks better on another girl than them etc, they will say mean things to the other girl because they are jealous. As for boys well some of the boys that think they do not have a chance to date a girl because they think the girl will not like them back will also say this to a girl to try and hurt the girls feelings. What I am trying to say is just because they are saying this does not make it true.

• Thanks I understand :)

• not often at all, but girl call me beautiful/gorgeous more often then guys do. I can actually only recall one guy calling me beautiful... Guys normally go for pretty or cute.. Its weird, i had random girl walking up to me and say "i dont mean to interupt, but you're goregous", and the most recent was "you're allowed to make mistakes, you're gorgeous"..

It always nice, but i would rather hear it from a cute guy to be honest..

• and how does it effect my self esteem? it doeasnt have huge effect on me, unless its from someone im phycially attracted to, i forget it quickly and i dont feel any better or worse for that matter, when people do it or dont do it

• every day! i tell it to myself haha!

• Quite often. But it really doesn´t affect me that much