Are people actually bothered by stretch marks?

I've got them on my boobs, hips and arms and I seem to go through phases of nonchalantly calling them lightning tattoos to days like today where I just want to curl up in a ball and cry. Does anyone feel the same about theirs? And does anybody actually care/notice others with the same thing?

0|0
7|15

Most Helpful Guy

• Couldn't care less, and I don't know any guy who does - it's just not something that's ever remotely bothered me, nor something I've ever heard a guy comment on at all to my recollection.

They're EXTREMELY common, just about all girls have them, and they're a total non-issue. Don't worry yourself - you're absolutely fine! :)

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I've got them everywhere too. If they are bothered by them, they can go fuck themselves. We are Women, and we cannot help we have stretch marks, I mean seriously this ain't build a bitch, ya get what ya get and you ain't gonna throw no fits.

3|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 14

• 1. Never thought too much about stretch marks till my girlfriend now happened to me
    2. She's got post preg stretch marks and relevant excess all over
    3. But I haven't had such chemistry with anyone ever, sexually and otherwise. It baffles me every moment
    4. Though she's a hot babe 5'7" tall, good looking, trendy etc she (like most others unfortunately) had a doubt as to how I could choose her over the other hot girls who vie for me.
    5. Hence, end of the day it's chemistry that matters sexual or otherwise (in my and this case both are present)
    6. For the one that you matter again sexual or otherwise, he/she won't bother with your stretch marks but be all over you :)

2|0
    0|0
  • Stretch marks are generally from ether loosing a significant amount of weight/body mass around the larger areas of the body. Or they are from excessive growth spurts. I personally wouldn't even bring them up I'd just be all like what ever if I noticed them on my girl or on any girl who like wanted a hug or cuddle. I'd just keep hugging cause ya can't really change or get rid of them easily. So why make her self-conscious I'd rather see her smile and think later that was the most fun experience.

1|0
    0|0
  • I am pretty sure most people think of it like any other scar. Sure, it is there, but it is irrelevant.

0|0
    0|0
  • Stretch marks don't bother guys unless they're extreme. Don't worry about how guys see your marks.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can sometimes be self conscious about my stretch marks. However I've come to accept them and know that many people have them. You can use certain creams to make them fade, but they're permanent. Try not to worry.

0|0
    0|0
  • They are like natural body art. Don't worry about them. I would not care at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've got them on the back of my thighs... but it doesn't bother me because I have hairy legs... I can feel them but they're camouflaged

0|0
    0|0
  • "lightning tattoos"... rofl. day made.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, no one cares

1|0
    0|0
  • Not a deal breaker at all

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not. I'm perfectly fine with them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Stretch marks don't bother me, I see past that.
    I accept a woman for who she is , imperfections and all

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind and you look beautiful ;-)

0|0
    0|0
  • no i would lick em like crazy!

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• I don't have stretchmarks I do have numerous scars. Most people if they notice don't say anything about them. As for myself thats a different story

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't have any stretch marks therefore I can't relate to how you feel but I don't think they're unflattering or would make a guy think less of you just because you them, so focus on your good features rather than your worst

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a decent amount of them on my thighs as well and I'm constantly fighting the feelings that they make me ugly. It's a nightmare when I go to the beach, for example, especially because some people have brought them up once or twice, including my boyfriend. I guess it's a matter of feeling comfortable in your skin, which is something I haven't managed to do yet.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have on my boobs, thighs and hips. I literally cry about it all the time. I am not out of shape or overweight so it bothers me even more because people wouldn't expect me to have them. I am always covering my body up (never ever wear shorts) or anything that can possibly show them. I hate them!

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's usually us girls who get bothered by minor things. I really doubt that guys actually notice them. And even if someone pays attention to them, I doubt they really mind it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have them too. The guys I've been with don't even care that they're there. Like you, I used to be so worried about how they looked, now I'm not even bothered by them myself. :)

0|0
    0|0