Hi, is 5'11 short for a 16 year old boy? A few girls and guys have called me short.. I really start to feel insecure about my height :( ?

I'm by the way turkish, but i live in the netherlands, everyone here is like 6'2 even the girls are 6'0 xD a friend of mine is 6'9.. this might explain it, doesn't it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Bro im 5'11" those people are just asses dont listen to them just be a respectful and hold your head high dude. Be confident in what you do and people will quit hassling you.

• Thats a lot of wiseness in one sentense! I'll try it. Thanks bro.

• Welcome just cause tall guys like us have a stereotype of being a push over doesn't mean ya gotta live up to it surpass it bro and you will make it far.

What Girls Said 10

• If you're dutch, then yes it's short but you're just 16 so you might still grow - if you're anywhere else in the world you're pretty much average or even taller than average so stap complainin :P

• No, they're just messing with you. You're tall, lol

• No, 5'11 is not too short. I mean unless those girls are 6ft and up I don't see how it could be considered short. My boyfriend is 5'11 and I'm 5'5 so that's tall to me.

• They're just messing with you.

• No it isn't and you have time to grow.

• Its extremely tall for a boy.

• 5'11 extremely tall? My friend is 6'8 or something hahaha

• I hope that i'll still be growing then :)

• You probably will! Men grow until they are around 25 years old!

• not short!
    you're 2 inches taller than me :)

• Not at all!!! Most girls just want the guy to be taller than them and I'm 5'6 and people call me tall for a girl because most girls are shorter than me. You're height is perfect!

• What? That's not short at all? Also you're probably still growing.

• That's not short to me, Im a girl and 5 feet lol. That's the perfect height for me. I think where you live explains it

What Guys Said 9

• That's average for guys. Maybe even slightly avove average. They're just messing with you. Don't take these things seriously. If you still feel negative then relax because you are only 16. You are likely to grow some more.

• I think you just happen to be in area with highest height average ( northern mainland Europe ) of 6'1" for a male - Don't worry 5'11" close to that.

• Yeah, the Netherlands is famous for having tall people so it's below-average in that specific part of the world, but 5' 11" would be considered above-average in all non-freak parts of Europe.

The height probably isn't the issue anyway, it's more than likely your Turkishness.

• Lol is everyone a freaking Sasquatch around you I'm 5'11 as well and I'm taller than most people lol xD

• Everyone around me is Dutch xD

• Don't take them seriously... a girl who will love you for real won't care about all these physical aspects...

• Come on 5'11 is not short at all!!. It's a very good height for a 16 year old.

• 5'11 is taller than the average adult

Those girls r just fucking with u

• Dude, I'm 5'2 and I have to go to class with a bunch of giants. I'm pretty sure you're fine.

• 5'11 is short? I don't think so. You're taller than most girls in... existence