Is it true that the brain makes you see yourself as 5 times more beautiful than you really are?

Most Helpful Girl

• There was this "fact" with "The human brain makes you see yourself as 10 times more ugly than you really are.", they just makes these to gain likes because you descovered something new, which ofc, isn't true.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't believe what you see on the Internet- Abraham Lincoln

What Girls Said 7

• 😧😧😧
    brb suicide

• i've never heard about that tbh

• Hahahah well shit...

• WTF.. ? this is stupid..

• Nope, that's not true.

• I hope not. I always see myself as really ugly. So I must be 5 times uglier.

• I hope not.

What Guys Said 8

• I conditioned my brain to think I'm 5 times more ugly than I really am.

What now?

But in all seriousness, no that is not true. Look at this site for your examples. Lots of girls and guys think they look a helluva lot less attractive than what they really are. In the end, there are some cases where what you think =/= what is.

• How can you measure that with a number, unless you use rating out of 10, but then you could only be a 2 max, and you could also be like.6? That's retarded.

• Can't be true.

• I must admit I am surprised I would thought it was other way around.

• If this is true (which I doubt it), then we're all fucked. Can we agree on that?

• That's manifestly untrue.

• Nah... If so, why would so many struggle internally with self-esteem issues and insecurities?

• Then mines not working right. If I were five times less beautiful than I think people would run screaming.