What makes someone above average? How to decide what you are on the scale?

How do you know if you're good looking?

Most Helpful Guy

• I personally don't believe in an universal scale if you ask a 100 different people you will get a 100 different opinions. I would say that you are fairly close to your honest view of yourself. I feel I am an average looking middle aged man and the truth is around there somewhere.

Most Helpful Girl

• Are we discussing only and solely on appearance alone?

Well... that depends on who are the people who surround you... if you live in a place where most people are uglier than you, then you'd be considered beautiful.. but if you travel to somewhere where the people there are far more attractive than you, you might even skip the average, and jump straight down to ugly... so it really depends... and as far as that goes... in average the most beautiful poeple have mostly more symmetrical features... and those who tend to be average or ugly overall... tend to have more asymmetrical features...

What Guys Said 6

• If you lose 55 kg like I did and out of nothing there are girls from the past that remember that I exist and start Messaging me or approach me outside. I mean I dont mind health and girls being attracted to me were the main reasons to go to the gym. Even tho now I know for sure that everyone I ever knew only looks on the outside, it still feels good. I can always say "YEEES, thats exactly what you worked for!"

• Okay, it is not totally about looks. A person can be attractive and make above average even if they are not the perfect.
    For instance I have found a girl here who says is not pretty but I seem to like her despite little spots which are not much of a big deal for. I guess it is more than just clear skin. I like her eyes and her hair. And the way she keeps her hair. And her lips make me look away in shyness

• It's really subjective but I generally look at symmetry of the eyes, shape/size of the eyes, height of the cheek bones, square jaw or rounded jaw (the better one for a girl), fullness of the lips, general level of fitness, and hips/waist/shoulder ratio, also shape of the legs because some girls just have bulky legs even if they are thin cause they used to be a big girl.

• There is no standard, only a vague general agreement. One person might see you as beautiful and another as just above average. I rarely get complimented on my looks but occasionally someone will gush how handsome I am. I don't get it myself, I have some nice features but overall look kind of funny.

• Look at yourself in the mirror and also try to always look your best.

• Honest self assessment.

What Girls Said 1

• Just look in the mirror.