What age is too young for makeup?

I'm 15, going to turn 16 soon, and I love my makeup. I don't do anything dramatic tbh. But still. What age is appropriate enough to wear makeup?

Most Helpful Guy

• 15/16 is a good age to start

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess it depends on your level of maturity. My mom offered me makeup when I was like eleven lol because she noticed other girls in my school were wearing it (I refused though I'm not too into it). If you use it properly and don't overdo it you're fine, in my opinion.

What Guys Said 13

• My niece is 4 and loves to play with makeup and nail polish. She is very feminine already and we never pushed her (at least consciously).

• You're the one who knows if you are comfortable with makeup. It's nobody else's business if you use it. If you like it, then have fun. As long as you are conscious of the message you are sending, there is no problem.

• The age where someone wants to wear makeup is the appropriate age for makeup. However if you live in a conservative community you may be criticized for it. I don't know what's it like where you live.

• I think from 14 it's fine, but it also kinda depends on how much make up we are talking.

• I think you should be fine

• I don't think there is some age limit on this one.

• Honestly it's a personal choice when to wear makeup, if you like wearing it then wear it :P

• From a males perspective, I don't think makeup is that big of an issue. Seeing a young kid running around with makeup is a little weird though. I think whenever you hit high school, and know to not just cake your face up, then you should wear it.

• Anyone under 14 should not have makeup on in my opinion

• Don't think it matters, as long as you're not like 10

• In my opinion no age is appropriate. Wear only if you think you are ugly.

• personally i hate makeup on girls but ur age sounds common. at ur age a light touch is best so thats good

• anything under 18... at 16 you would look like a prosti-tot

• Anything under 18

What Girls Said 12

• I think in stages

Below 13, you're way too young
    13-16 some mascara, tinted lip stain
    16-18 full make-up, natural colors
    after 18-do what you want, you're an adult

• i think you should be able to wear little makeup at your age. maybe not a whole face ful. but enough for you to feel a little more confident :) not that you NEED it, but it does make us feel a little better :)

• Thank you 😊 I don't overdo my makeup but still there are people that still judge. So I wondered if I was the wrong one. But thank you.

• I started wearing make up around 14, started off with mascara, but by the time I graduated I wore eye shadow xx

• I started to use make up at 13-14, only eyeliner though because I wanted to look "scene" - I never really used foundation a lot and I think my skin is really grateful for it!

• I think there is an age. My mum allowed me to wear makeup at 15. At the time, I would only wear a little on my eyes and it was enough for me.

• whenever you feel like it. i don;t think there is some specific age for this..

• I think 15 is okay for some mascara and lipgloss, I started wearing make up at 17

• I started wearing makeup at 14. I think under 13 is too young. It's up to the parents to set boundaries though ;)

• Around 13 I guess

• I started wearing makeup when I was 9

• how much do you wear? I think 13 is fine if it's just eyeliner and lip gloss.

• There is no age. I am 15 and wear make up.