I think I am pretty but I need to know other people, especially guys, think I am pretty too. It's very bizarre. What the heck is wrong with me?

I look at myself and I think I am pretty but it really bothers me when other people don't acknowledge that I am pretty. It's so weird and probably extremely unhealthy. What the heck is wrong with me?

Most Helpful Guy

• How can you post something in the how do I look category without a picture?

• your username says older and wiser but your post does not. you clearly didn't read the question. it was just the category it fit in best.

• You're right, I don't understand why what I actually look like matters at all. It's totally irrelevant.

• Perhaps your about what others think has some relation to how they respond when the see you for the first time. If so, it is possible that you are not consciously aware of that connection. Without seeing what you actually look like, this purely conjecture, but a possibility which should be considered and, hopefully, eliminated from further consideration.

So. . . my request was not "off the wall."

Most Helpful Girl

• If you think you are pretty then you are. We can't be seem the same by all people. There are bound to be people much cuter prettier and beauty is subjective not all people will feel we are good looking.

My close friends see me as average looking none of them have ever called me pretty or anything.

What Guys Said 4

• The most important you have to impress is yourself - If you think you are pretty then you are pretty, that is all you have to worry about.

• Then why didn't you post a picture so we could tell you.

• well 1 because I'm not asking this for attention and 2 because I don't want really want to deal with backlash of "you're not even pretty you're so conceited but you're ugly" and stuff like that. it would have been stupid to post this with a picture.

• Why do people always assume that posting a picture means they're asking for attention? What's wrong with wanting to know how people rate you?

If anything, people will over-compliment you on this site. I don't know why. Girls are more likely to do it.

• Well you probably are... But you can still get rejected by people just because you're not their type, can't be helped

• You gotta prove yourself. make them feel that you're gorgeous

What Girls Said 2

• a lot of girls feel that way, you aren't weird. In general everyone likes validation on their looks to some degree. It has to do with society's beauty standards and self esteem. Just try not to feel that way :/

• It's good that you think you're pretty
    Just stop show it off too much
    At least you don't hate yourself