Am I overreacting?

okay so this might sound a bit pathetic (?), but my entire highschool time I've been one of the prettiest girls there, and well it's my first week at college now and every single girl here is extremely pretty? and compared to them I'm just a low average? And it's making me feel like shit, because I have all these feelings of insecurity and I don't know what to do?

Is it really like this? or am I just imagining it? because there were pretty girls at my high school, but here everyone's so 'grown-up'?

Most Helpful Guy

• you'll learn that stuff that made you "cool" in high school isn't going to really do squat for you in college. Being friendly, outgoing and kind to people will get you lots of friends and contacts in the future. Learn to network (aka get to know new people) as much as you can. Don't feel insecure, thats life and its time you start learning how to deal with the unfairness of this world. be glad you still have some looks and have a chance.

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh my god no stop. Stop it.

College isn't high school. No one gives a single literal fuck about popularity. You don't really have a "social profile" in college. 95% or more of all the humans that enter the campus have never heard of you or seen you or know you. No one fucking cares. High school is where all the awkward and immature dramatic assholes and bitches are, and then we evolve and become a beautiful butterfly college student.

Why are you at college? (Yes, ask yourself.) You're in college for education and good memories and parties on the days you don't have school and to meet real people. Not fake ass bitches in high school. No. Real people.

Some people are still stuck in the high school mentality though, including you. Of course everyone's good looking. Most females are reaching their prime and guys are getting more attractive and maturity is something attractive too.

What Guys Said 6

• That's funny but so true. These college girls lol.
    I assume it's mostly the upperclassmen that are really attractive because they're past the awkward ugliness stage. But my freshmen class has a ton of cuties too.

• Lol its gonna stay that way until you realize that you are you and they are them.

• Your getting insecure just because there are people who are better looking than you? Welcome to the real world.

• You have elicited some of the best answers I've seen about any subject. Thanks

• You are over-reacting.

• You're right. It's pathetic.

What Girls Said 2

• I know right! I just started college some time ago and I kinda feel the same way, like suddenly everyone is pretty and mature, and here I am feeling like a kid...

• Stop comparing yourself to others. There will always be people prettier, smarter, funnier then you. Focus on you