I've never had a BF…Is it because I'm ugly?

I'm being serious, lol. I'm 22 and I've never had a boyfriend. Some guys seem to flirt with me (at least I think they're flirting?) but that's about it, they never ask for a date. I'm kinda shy, especially in front of ANY male around my age. A lot of people mistaken my shyness as being stuckup, but that's not the case at all. I don't have much confidence, especially when I was younger when boys would tease me horrendously that every night I would cry. Off topic, sorry. Anyways, please tell me whether or not it's because of my looks. I mean, if a lot of guys call you names ans say jerkish things... it must be true, right? I just feel so bad about myself I don't know what to do. And if it's going to be a negative comment, please keep it on a 'nicer level'. Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think it's because you're ugly, because you're obviously not. There's nothing wrong with being 22, and not yet having your first boyfriend.

I'm 26, and so Is my girlfriend, and I'm her very first boyfriend. She was just super shy all the way through college, and eventually started meeting guys around age 23, but fell prey to the crap load of assholes and players of this world. That she tried a lot of dating, but nothing ever formed into anything than just dates.
    One day about a year and a half ago. We both happened to be on a dating site (I'm a programmer, and never really go adventuring as much as I use to), and we it off. We went on quite a few dates, but after seeing each other for a few months. We decided to finally become an official couple, and now we're engaged to be married next year.

The point of this story is that it's ok to be single, and not to have a boyfriend at your age. It's your life, and you should do you. If a guy so happens to come along, and your "you" becomes a "we". Then so bed it, and I hope he makes you happy. As all people should find someone who they connect with for the long term, and not just the short.

• Aw, that was a lovely story! I wish you and your fiancĂ© the best. That's amazing and it's true what you have said. Sometimes, we are our worst enemies and I'm very hard on myself most of time. And it should be like that and I keep forgetting that. Thanks a lot. Best wishes, again!

• Thank you :) and you as well. Don't let being single get you down. Being single is just a part of your life right now, but so is being in a committed relationship. Being in your early twenties is basically being in your teens again. Peoples adolescence don't truly dissolve until we're around our mid to late twenties. So just enjoy the time being able to do the things you like to do that are quirky, and you don't like anyone else taking notice to. Being single has it's perks too :p , but so does being in a relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• Its because you are too quiet and too shy.

What Guys Said 10

• simple you just haven't met a person who finds you to be the best person for them. it is just that they aren't good enough for you. guys will say mean things, they may be true or they could be them just being assholes. i have said mean things about girls which i come to regret but those girls are currently doing better than me in life. so they are probably just being assholes and i am sure you look drop dead gorgeous, just not to some people

• Move down to the deep south, you will do fine there.

• no your not ugly at all, its just because your shy. try to be confident, then you'll see that the guys will ask you out

• No your look is good to me. dont know about others. but looks is not an issue. people evaluate on the basis of other aspects too. may be they like your looks but not like your figure. may be they dont like your personality or may be your dressing. wear sexy cloths and be glamours and then go, i am sure you will get one boyfriend for sure.

• While I wouldn't say that you're drop dead G, but still it doesn't explain why you can't have a boyfriend, I suggest looking for someone who doesn't give importance to looks that much

• Does not look like because of the looks.

• You look good to me ;-)

• It's ok to be shy/nervous.
    I personally think you're cute, I would date you.

• just be glad you don't have to be the initiator

• No, you're not ugly. I'm basically the male version of you, very shy and often mistaken for being upset or stuck up. I was lucky enough to have women pursue me and start relationships that way. I've gotten a lot better over the years mostly cause I quit caring what people think. It might be something that comes with age. Keep working on yourself and stay positive.

What Girls Said 1

• No it's not because your ugly.. Sometimes it just takes a long long time to find the right person.. But hang in there girl u will :)