Is my first impression negative?

First of all, this is not a "rate me" question.
I just want to know if I give a negative impression by how I look. Look at my profile pic, that's my resting face, and to me I look like I'm angry or something xD

I've been told many times that my first impression is negative, like I look like a jerk, conceited, cocky... all non posisitve comments. When they get to know me they change their opinion about me, but at first I look like I don't wanna have fun xD

So what do you guys and girls think, and what could I possibly do to look more friendly?
Thanks :)

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• You sir suffer from Resting Bitch Face syndrome xD

For real though, your face looks like you're saying "Talk shit and I'll fuck yo girl"

• I know!!! xD It's awful, but I didn't expect it to be that bad haha
      I guess I'll have to learn how to deal with that xD

• Hahahah well, damn xD I wish that's how teachers saw me, maybe that would have stopped them from giving me bad grades xD

• Yeah you'd either get an A or a suspension lmao

What Girls Said 14

• I remembered when I followed you, you didn't had a picture up. So I didn't really have any impression except that your profile is kinda cool so I just followed.

But hey at least your resting bitch face is better than mine. Like seriously tho, I can't even count how many people I've scare off >< and you look normal, in my opinion.

• No, my impression of you hasn't been negative. First time I saw your icon or opinion. You actually answered my question thoughtfully, direct but not offensive and I really appreciated that.

I would say smirk or grin, smile... but if you walk around like that some might think something's up haha. But I guess if you are walking and a guy or gal is making eye contact, a smile a nod might be ok?

I have bitchy resting face. So my face naturally looks like I'm mad or something, or sad... I'm not at all. My lips are plump and naturally go down. So if someone looks right at me, I just smile and nod, and they smile back.

• I'm glad you had a good impression of me :)
      That's the problem, that walking with a smile on your face is weird xD
      But yeah, I'll try to force myself to smile and nod if I make eye contact with someone.

Thanks :)

• Hahahaha I sometimes also ask my self what should I do with my mouth xD

• Yeah... they don't give you a manual with it! :|

• r u kidding me? u give off such a warm and friendly impression.
    i remember when i first saw u around. good vibes errywhere. u have nothing to worry about.

• I think you look okay, only thing I reccomend is that you smile. Smiling yells people you are welcoming, happy, and enjoying your time with them. You don't sound conceited or like a jerk from what I have read, so don't worry.

• Alright, thank you for answering :)

• Cool 😊 thanks for the upvote by the way!

• No problem, it was a good and honest answer :)

• I think you're mean

Why? Reading some of your comments on some questions is why
    If I didn't know you? I wouldn't judge. I know I don't know you but your personality comes out in your answers

Just looking at your pic---> I'll say you look normal. It's honestly stupid to judge people by looks

• Hahaha thanks for the comment, and for the honesty. I apologize for giving you a bad impression of me, but I'm the total opposite of mean, you just don't know me yet :)

• Well nice to know you're nice

Good luck to you on all things :)

• Thanks, good luck to you too ;)

• I think you look pretty serious. Maybe it would help if you rustled your hair a little and smiled with your eyes. That might make you look more casual and approachable. Otherwise I agree with the others, you are cute but I wonder what you'd look like smiling.

• lol in my opinion u look normal

Many people look unapproachable when they are serious lol

Myself included

• That's just my resting face, neither serious or not serious... but it's good that at least someone says I look normal xD

• I'm just worried that my facial expression is stopping me from meeting new people...

• if those people are worth meeting, they will get past ur resting bitch face xD

but I get what u mean

• Just keep that handsome smile on your face when you can. :)

• Always lookin suave-lookin Mr. Suave.

• You're kidding right? You're such a cute/hot/handsome guy.

• haha you do kinda have a resting bitch face (that's what it's called for girls at least). But it doesn't matter as long as you smile often! :)

• Whenever I talk to people I always smile, so that doesn't worry me, what worries me is people that see me and don't try to get to know me because of my expression.

Thanks for answering :)

• That's my life story right there..
    "what could I possibly do to look more friendly?" SMILE :D

• I smile a lot when I'm around people, but if I'm by myself I don't cause it will look kinda creepy right?
      "Why is that guy walking with a smile on his face? -_-" Hahaha
      It sucks to have this resting bitch face xD

• True, but it sometime affects me when meeting new people :(

• I know what you mean :/

• you look fine

• i think you look nice!

What Guys Said 8

• No I don't get any of that of you - You just look like a normal dude to me

• Dude you've got some pretty good advice already, and all I would say is like consider growing your hair out a bit you know something like

www.blaze.uk.com/.../...%20Images%202007%20001.jpg

but dude seriously chill you look fine.

• I have a longer bangs right now, but my hairline isn't straight, it has what it's called as "widow's peak", so I doubt I could ever get a hairstyle like the one in the pic. I've wanted to change my hair, but I don't know what to do that will look good on me and that I could do it myself at home, so I just stick to what I have since I like it and I know how to do it. But I've always wanted to try that kind of hairstyle.

• I don't doubt myself, my question was that if I look unapproachable or mean, you know, something negative. I'm happy with my body, but curious to know how other perceive me.
      But thanks for answering ;)

• haha true aye sorry dude

• That's the guy who robbed the... 8) 8)
    I think most girls will think you look quite okay. I'm jealous!

• DAFAUQ u look exactly like my friend in that pic 😛 u r chillin dude don't worry about ur looks but I prefer the old pic

• You look like an average joe, I'm not fond of your hair but hey what do I know @MissNowhere digs it.

• oh farty lol
      he's hot AF hahaha

• Thanks @MissNowhere :) he doesn't appreciate my beauty... xD I'm just kidding hahahaha
      Hey, not everyone can like my looks.

by the way, since you mentioned it, what type of hair do you think will look good on me?

• Everyone's beautiful, some just aren't able to appreciate the beauty. :P

• Please, your resting face looks a lot friendlier than how I look when I talk to someone I like! I've been told I always look like I'm about to kill someone.

• Really? That sucks man :( I guess you have to make more effort than me to look better.
      Good luck ;)

• I actually made my appearance even more intimidating on purpose so people won't fuck with me anymore. But if you talked to me for 2 seconds, you'd instantly realize that I'm actually completely harmless.

• I am sorry for whatever I did.. please don't kill me.

• I'm probably the definition of resting bitchy face for guys. You're fine.