Scarred nipples, disgusting or you wouldn't notice?

Ok, so here's the background...

I hit puberty at age 9, and that's when everything started growing and I started to get spots and hair growth. I'm naturally dark haired, so shortly after it developed I started shaving my legs. I also developed thick-ish dark hair around my nipples. Being about ten, I also decided to start shaving them. To start, all was good, but then I started getting ingrowing hairs in my nipples. This lead to spots, and me manually digging the hairs out, leaving scabs. The scabs and resulting scarred skin caused the hairs to continue to ingrow, which resulted in a cycle of digging the hairs out, scabs and ingrowing hair!

A random side effect was that I started to find I picked at them when stressed - almost like self-harm. It really calmed me down to make them bleed. Anyway, that added to the cycle and the resulting scars.

As a result I now have very scarred areoles - it's something I am very aware of, very embarrassed about, and have never met anyone with a similar problem!

NOr sure how long this'll be up before being deleted cause of the pics, but I wanted to know what people actually thought, are they disgusting or would you even notice?

• Your boobs are out, I wouldn't notice anything else!!
  • I'd assume you had an STD!
  • Eeeewww, disgusting, wouldn't want to touch em!

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe my dad had those spots or whatever around his nipples like a decade ago. They are gone now. I don't think that a girl having this will be a big disgust to guys. No body is perfect. Every person has something they are not happy with. But it doesn't mean it's gonna be a big deal to others. Do research and maybe visit a doctor to find recommendations on what would be good to do with this. But don't be so negative about this. It's okay.

Most Helpful Girl

• i didn't see anything different in the first picture, the second picture you can tell a bit more, but unless you're having sex under a spotlight, then I don't think a guy will even notice. the little bumps around are totally normal, and the bumps outside of that don't even look that bad. honestly they kind of look like my tats and I've never had a guy complain or even notice :)

What Guys Said 11

• First, to be clear, you did not have ingrown hairs on your nipples. You had them on your aerolas. And they are a bit distracting, but not anything that can't be overlooked. You should be okay. You don't mention anything about any guys seeing them, yet you are over 30. If some have seen them, what were their reactions?

And honestly, you should have just left them alone. Some hairs there do not bother me; it is normal. If they bothered you too much, you could just clip them short. Too late now, but if any gals are reading this, please just leave them alone.

• Mixed reactions, some guys completely ignore them, and some question them, which makes me appreciate they are very noticeable and makes me feel worse about them. I've tried everything, laser hair removal, Bio oil, and every other scar fading cream I could find, nothing helps at this point! Yes, I should have left them alone, but I didn't know the damage I was causing until it was too late! Even if I'd just plucked instead of shaved I'd have been ok... but at 10 I didn't know that! :(

• As I said, they are noticeable, so it is not odd that a guy would question about them. But that only means he is interested, not that he is "disgusted". If we were that intimate, I would question you about them, but I would still be enjoying them. I would not turn away from you because of that. Maybe that is what you mean by not noticing, because it would be a non-issue once you answered my initial curiosity.

• I won't lie, its not ideal. That said I don't think it will be that big of a deal as long as its not fresh (have you talked to a doctor about this) and scars fade with time so as long as everything else is fine (phsical and mental) then I don't think its going to be that big of an issue. Have you considered laser hair removal? There are also things tha can reduce scarring (supposedly) have you tried that?

• I've had a set hair removal, and spoken to a doc and plastic surgeon, nothing they can do! And i couldn't afford it anyway :( I've used bio oil for years, what you see is the results!! But thanks for the opinion.

• Well again I don't think its a deal breaker by any means so I wouldn't be that conserned with it. Most guys are a total package kind of people ie face body personality, having one flaw isn't going to cause a guy to reject you. It doesn't seem that bad except that it appears fresh which is the real problem. I looked it up, here are some hair removal tips: www.rapidhomeremedies.com/...ted-hair-removal.html
      Here are some for scaring (some are for more recent scarring): http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Scars-Completely
      http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Scars
      www.top10homeremedies.com/.../...-scar-tissue.html
      Most of these are home remedies so they should be pretty cheap to do though they may take longer before seeing results (months probably) I would recommend trying a combination of them. Again its not the best thing in the world but I would not consider it a deal breaker especially if you have a good personality and the rest of you is attractive, which if the guy gets to the point of seeing you topless chances are they are going to be into you enough to not be all that bothered by it, most guys don't expect perfection.

• In fairness, I have seen a lot of unusual breasts and nipples. Inverted nipples, mastectomy scars, two breasts of very different sizes, what you have would not even make me blink an eye. In fact, they look pretty good to me!

• Maybe you should consult a doctor or dermatologist to see could anything be done - I don't see them being a huge issue to a guy.

• Boobs are boobs, I like them but I prefer a woman's personality over her cup size. even if she's got scared nipples

• I actually don't mind it they are attractive the way they are.

• You would have to tell me where they came from so I wouldn't assume it's something nasty, but otherwise I guess one can live with it.

• If you read the story I explain where they came from.

• Yes. I would not know where they came from just by looking at the picture.

• Good bobss

• A lot of what's there isn't scarring.. There are a couple around the top but most of them are supposed to be there because they are a gland

• Never heard of such a thing or seen would have to see to judge so yeah unless i have seen them i can't help haha

• I don't know how I would feel about it

What Girls Said 1