Why do chicks get all offended when I tell them their Average looking?

• Truth Hurts
  • You just shattered their world
  • Because your supposed to lie and be dishonest

Most Helpful Guy

• Truth hurts.

'Average' isn't even that bad for goodness sake, it's better than being called 'ugly'... People are so sensitive nowadays.

• I know right. PC nazis go through the dictionary to see what words now are considered offensive despite their actual meaning. Dont get me started on job titles. Refuse engineer= bin man lol

• Another thing is no one says shit when a girl calls a guy average but when it's vice versa... UH OH RUN.

What Girls Said 21

• i think average is a shitty word to use when u talk about a woman.

use something else. if u ask me 'like what?' ill tell u that a thesaurus is a wonderful thing.

i'd hate to be called that, even if i am. 'average' is just such a disgusting term. let me put it this way. we tend to take what u said to a whole new level. it's basically like...
    " eh, you're not special. just another girl. i dont really see anything particularly beautiful about you. maybe if you did something, or fixed ur hair, or lost weight... maybe, maybe id call u 'above average'"

not that that's much better. but u get the point. it hurts.

• Truth hurts. Plus i think a lot of girls might think average is just a nice way of saying they're ugly.

I think there's also the girls that will look at the guy saying this like, dude rude much...

• I honestly wouldn't care if a guy told me I was average. What I think of myself matters more so why should I:/

• Why do people get all offended when I tell them that "their" is "they're"?

• in my opinion if you tell a girl your average looking she will think she's not good enough to date anyone

• Agreed sometimes that works.

• I agree, most girls will think no guy will find her attractive if just one guy calls her average.

• I used to use a pick up technique that involved giving a compliment that was actually a back handed put down. I had a lot of luck pulling with this.

• Truth hurts. Average isn't really a good thing.

• As an average girl yourself would it not be worse if instead of being average you were told you were below average.

• Above average means you get more options in life. My bro if the super taller handsome one and he clearly gets treated way way WAY better than me. It's just how life is I guess. We are animals in the end.

• Sorry Aeon_Flux21 but you need to grow a hairy set and demand whats yours ie respect. Thats what your brother does, thats what a man does he takes what belongs to him and it belongs to him because he takes it.

• Cuz everyone likes to feel special dude! And all of us are by the way... Including you! So yeah that term in not nice at all

• But im am mr average in all things like most people.

• I don't get offended, actually average means you're not ugly? Isn't that great? o. o
    Anyways, girls who get offended were probably just fishing for compliments.

• all women think they look better as they really do look. hahahahha average is not bad... its fine... and u should be more gentleman-like and rather say u look ok...

• Because nature hates poverty genetics and rewards the master race.

• Some might take it as there isn't anything special about them since they are just average looking.

• Nobody wants to hear that they're average lol. Even though I don't see how it's a bad thing. Most people are average.

• Truth hurts :D
    But then again, if you go up to some strangers and tell them they're average looking it's pretty rude xD

• They want to be told that they're better than average looking. They want to be told they're beautiful. The truth hurts.

• Don't fucking tell someone that unless you're not trying to with them. Manners?

• Im basically saying the same thing and I'm getting the down votes. the hell?

• I guess the truth hurts.

• Because every girl wants to feel beautiful and special. Which is the opposite of average.

• truth hurts haha.

• Because that is fucking rude. I can only imagine you wouldn't be jumping up and down from happiness, if some chick told you your dick was small.

• Id be happy if she said it was average.

• According to you.

• According to society, but okay, just keep justifying being an asshole.

• Its like being told your dick is average instead of being told its big. No guy wants to be told they have an average dick. They want to feel better and hear they have a amazing dick. Even if it is stretching the truth. One little white lie makes the other person feel much better and confident so it doesn't even matter. Just like guys want to be told they have big dicks, girls want to be told they are pretty and not just average.

• Because you're not funny.

• Still not funny Mr dimwit.

What Guys Said 14

• They don't want to be told they are just ok, they want to be told they are pretty. It is always more hurtful coming from the other gender to. Men also prefer it when girls say they are handsome rather than average to.

• I think most are looking for a positive validation - To be honest with me the jury is out whether it is attention seeking or someone a bit fragile most of the time so I err on side of caution and be positive - I don't think it does any harm not to hurt someone's feelings.

• Very simple mate - you're being a dick! Does it make you feel like more of a man, or more of a gift from God or something? Grow-up.

• Seriously - who acts like that?

• Good on you - you show that guys are able to be mindful, which I know is not a minority. This guy is jaded but over-confidant. @tryingtobeagoodman

• @Killer-Queen The guy's just a dick. That doesn't make him a bad person. I'm willing to assume he's a good, intelligent guy, he's just ignorant, defensive and over-confident. Life will inevitably give him a few good slaps over time and he will eventually wise-up, if not he'll just put his guard up higher and tighter and eventually wake up one day feeling very lonely, then he will certainly wise-up, but it'll be too late by then. I sincerely hope he gets a few, metaphorical, slaps and responds to them in a positive and productive way.

• To girls the word "Average" means that she is no good for any guy because she thinks guys will only accept girls above average. Society changes and it's like this today.

• most people don't wanna be average, that's probably why.

• Women don't like being called average and in reality their not usually something about them is exceptional, whether that's looks, personality or another quality about them. Plus it's kind of hurtful.

• Nobody wants to be average in any respect, because it means they're right in the middle, one tier above being in the BOTTOM 50% of BADNESS.

They're all special snowflakes and princesses and you just don't see that, you tiny-dicked knuckle-dragging woman-hating mysognist.

• LOL magical unicorns that fart rainbows?

Seriously, though, I was agreeing with you. I guess my white knight impression was a little too convincing.

• Now apologise to mister winky.

• Mister Winky knows how much he's packing, I think.

• Dear dude that asked,

While it is correct to be truthful, if this is someone you like or likes you, i would hope you see them as above average. If its a stranger, then be truthful, but if you know the person, just knowing them should make them stand out in a room of strangers.

Also, i dont think being dishonest is correct either. Instead of lying, why dont you mention small changes that could help? If they take it to heart or not is up to them, but at least your not telling them they dont matter.

Average is someone that is a step below beautiful and a step above ugly. Girls will take it as your telling them ugly, because in our culture there really is the beautiful and then the ugly.

• The truth just hurts. Some of the bitter girls on this question just amaze me! Not every girl or guy is gonna be amazing looking for crying out loud.

• Because they are used to being lied to

• It's a trick question, you're meant to be nice.

• Are you talking about real life or the internet?

• Either or buddy.

• Well I think internet wise it's like this: Girls only post pictures of what they feel is their best looking part, such as face, booty, leg, whatever. They find consolation in thinking: "Well maybe I'm not the greatest looking person on earth, but at least my hair is really beautiful and a lot of women would love to have hair like me." So when you tell them that even what they consider their best looking part is just average, they will get angry at you.

Who knows, I'm just making this up you see, but it kinda makes sense to me :D

• *they're
    And because calling someone average looking is considered offensive...

• because most women put a good amount of effort in their appearance and that statement does nothing but undermine it.