Is makeup on a 14yr old disturbing?

My mother told me it very disturbing how i take pics of my face with makeup I'm 14. Even when grown beautiful women are wearing makeup she says eww and I feel like its jealousy.

Most Helpful Guy

• I actually heard of a woman who stuffed her child with food to make her fat, so that she looked better than her child. I know parents can become jealous of their children, but it's still a little weird (if not entirely grotesque).

but, I just view make-up as facepaint. I wouldn't find it disturbing if you got a Chicago Blackhawks logo painted on your cheek. It's all basically the same thing, to me. Though it is true that if I saw a 14 year old with the body of a 20 year old and the face-paint of a prostitute, I would be quite a bit disturbed.

Most Helpful Girl

• there is nothing wrong with makeup.

What Guys Said 11

• It just depends on what kind of makeup. I mean, looking young is cute and often hot, so if makeup makes you look 25, you could be covering natural beauty. Your mom is probably just having a hard time with the fact that you are old enough for guys to be looking at you, so more or less you're making her feel old :)

• they wore makeup during middle school and 14 years of age is like just barely a freshman in high school, so nah brah. its not disturbing. not to me at least.

• I think it's disturbing, but then again, it's an element of experimentation in learning the gender socialization that people internalize from culture.

Essentially, you're brainwashed to believe that you need makeup to be pretty, and you will want to wear makeup to seem more mature. It's all part of the grand scheme to get more and more money off you just so you'll feel like you're filling a void in your heart by putting unnecessary paint over your eyelids.

• No I'm not... I do it for artistic purposes

• I am a English and Psych major but I plan to get my masters in Forensic Psychology and minor in criminology or justice systems. I would not do well with engineering, but my dad did that in the military.

• I don't see anything disturbing about it. Your mother thinks you're too young but all mothers are like that to their daughters. She doesn't want you to start getting attention from others (especially guys).

• Some people don't like make up - 14 might be a bit young for full make up - Maybe a time to experiment with light make up but in the end it is your choice.

• I can understand your side, so i shouldn't say you are wrong.

But the important thing is... why do you do it? I suppose it's because you dont want to feel behind to other school girls?

The thing is... you are children, yes teens, but young teens.

Well, im saying this but... maybe even in medieval times little girls would make things to feel pretty. So yeah...

Just do it for yourself, not to show that you are like the others. Individuality is a great thing ;)

• I do it because I feel like a girl. She doesn't even let me wear nail polish but she let's me buy it. Its not my fault she looks ugly

• You can learn a lot with a older woman like her. You might not like her opinion, but you can listen her side, just to know more how other people think. Even if it does not appear she wants your happiness.

When you get mad with her, dont run, just talk slowly and with patience what you think about it. Maybe she will understand you better and say something usefull to you.

• Yes. Teenage girls (younger than 18) shouldn't wear makeup. May I ask why you girls are in such a rush to grow up? Before you know it, you'll be wishing that you were still a teenager.

• Natural looks are always better in my opinion 👌😄

• No, it's normal or should be.

• Yes, it is to me. Even on a 24 year old in my opinion.

• I don't think girls under 21, or even under 26, should be

What Girls Said 6

• Makeup on a 14 year old is not disturbing, makeup on 10 years olds and below, now that's a little uncomfortable because at that age looking better by applying makeup is not something they should be thinking about. I wouldn't let her bother you. Makeup on a 14 year old is completely okay I mean you've even already started high school.

• No it's not, aslong as it's natural and not too overwhelming it's lovely. make up isn't made to hide flaws it's made to accentuate them too

• that is simply her opinion. i wore make-up when i was your age (nothing too wild just some eyeliner and mascara) it might be jealousy or it's just her preference, though you should respect her opinion (since she still probably provides a life for you) you should still be comfortable making your own decisions.

• I didn't start wearing makeup until the age of 16. That too only twice- thrice a year.

You're only 14, your skin has natural glow, I bet you look lovely and you don't need makeup

• Nope 14 is too young to wear makeup.

• I feel like it isn't something amazing for a kid to be doing.