Why do people assume people know they are hot/pretty/sexy/handsome/cute?

I mean I know some females fish for compliments, but what if the girl really doesn't know? Nobody says to a girl they think is ugly that she knows she's ugly or she knows she's attractive. Why assume when you think she's hot/pretty/sexy?

And same with guys. Sure some guys fish for compliments but what if some of them don't know they are attractive?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm one of those girls who cannot really decide if they are pretty or not! Because there are some people who call me ugly or alright looking, and other ones who call me pretty, hot or whatever! But that's just how human beings work, they always have disbelief, and quite frankly women rather believe those negative opinions they get. And not every hot girl gets hit on constantly. Sure there are plenty of attention seeking women but that doesn't mean that every hot girl is like that. 😊

• Exactly. And I think your case is how most people really are or should be. You're going to be ugly to some. Alright to others. And hot/pretty to others. I'm ugly to some. Alright to others. And hot to others. That's how it is. I don't like when people automatically assume a girl or guy is just fishing for compliments just because that person thinks he or she is attractive.

• Thanks for MHO 😊

What Girls Said 2

• This is so true, man I have no idea if I'm pretty or ugly or just my head isn't working right :(

• One can easily tell if they're attractive or not just by looking in the mirror.

• I don't think so. Attractive to one person may not be attractive to another. You could be ugly to me, but others may think you're hot.

What Guys Said 4

• I agree with this - I think some people don't realise how attractive they are that is why they are seeking reassurance.

• look in the mirror and look at how people treat you it won't be obvious at first it takes time to know i guess.

• you can just tell. In my case I know I'm ugly as fuck because no girl has ever hit on me has been interested or complimented me in real life

• You can't "just tell". For example a lot of people think Kate Upton is hot. She's ugly as fuck to me. You can't "just tell".

• oh okay, I think Kate Upton is cute

• And I don't. See my point?

• Hot girls should obviously know they are hot because there is no way they would not be getting hit on all the time.

For guys it's more difficult, cause a shy man may be handsome, but he's too shy to ask girls out they are not going to ask HIM out. So he lives his life thinking he's ugly because girls won't hit on HIM instead of him hitting on girls.

• What if they aren't getting hit on all the time though? What if they live isolated?

No I'm shy and can tell when girls are into me. Just because a girl doesn't say anything doesn't mean she isn't "hitting on" a guy. I think you are talking about approaching.

• Well yeah most shy dudes can't read girl behavior very well and because they're shy they hope girls will approach THEM. When girls don't do this they start to think they are ugly.