Why am I so ugly?

so I'm a 14 year old girl and I have self esteem issues. People tease me sometimes about them and it only makes them worse. I feel like the ugliest girl on the planet, no matter how many times people tell me I'm pretty. I would put up a photo, and I will if I have to but I'd prefer not for privacy issues :)) I dint take compliments and I feel like I'm dumb, although I'm in all the top classes at school. I feel like I'm clap at piano, even though I made it into a specific orchestra and I'm at grade four and it's one of the only things that relaxes me. What do I do? I feel like no one likes me, and no one will ever like me/love me.

• Yes, I think I am ugly
  • No, I know I'm not ugly
  • Kinda in the middle

Most Helpful Guy

• Many girls and even guys feel the same way as you do.
    You're only 14 and there's a lot you're going to learn about life.

If people say you're pretty then accept that. Be thankful for what you have.
    Looks aren't everything you know.

But... intelligence and food grades are very important! Don't worry about your looks, at least for now. Focus on your studies and it will pay off in the future.

Hope this helps...

Most Helpful Girl

• Be open to thinking of yourself as attractive. Most of the time, people who feel that they are ugly shut themselves off from the rest of the world for fear that it will hurt them.

In their opinion, the world's expected disapproval seems deserved. It is not. Most of the time, others only respond to a person as ''ugly'' because that person responds to themselves as ''ugly.''

Good luck.

What Guys Said 9

• You sound very smart which is a good thing - Try and not dwell on things or be negative about yourself - It is probably a lot better than you think.

• Used to feel quite like you did. Realized that some? most? people did think I am attractive. Now, I've gotten to the point that I rarely care what the fuck other people think of me. I know that thing I excel at and the thing I suck at and don't find that other people's opinions matter near as much as my own. If I feel like I am making a positive difference, that's what matters. If I end up screwing people over that is what I find distressing.

• What so let me get this straight - you want us to do the thinking for you? Even though you practically pointed out the root of the problem and any conceivable rebuttals and noteworthy counter-arguments available? Oh boy what has American society come to...

• Im not going to talk about appearances, but i do want to share with you a secret.

The thing that holds relationships and develops love is the personality and capability to create a positive atmosphere for both of you. And making good love too.

• Don't worry... use your mind and contribute to this world and you will be praised... make money... money runs the world

Don't worry about your looks for now

• It depends, are you really overweight if not you're absolutely fine

• You'll grow into being pretty

• Send me a pic, so that I can rate you

• Don't feel bad remember you are not alone

What Girls Said 1

• You know what? I'm tired of people saying they are not attractive and stuff, who cares? that does not define you as a person. Personality, thoughts and goals might, but looks don't, once we get old, we'll all probably look similar anyways, so instead of making people tell you you're beautiful, work on your positivity, then you'll realize yourself how gorgeous you are