Am I too skinny?

I got told today when i was doing my shopping by another girl that i was too skinny and that it was disgustingly skinny. What do you think am I too skinny to the point it looks disgusting or do I look ok and she was just jealous of me for being in shape.

Am I too skinny?

• You look good
  • Too skinny you look horrible
I weigh 95lbs or 6st10oz
I'm 5'4

Most Helpful Guy

• It really depends.

Like mentioned, there is the fact you are lying on your back which changes the look you have. It also really matters if you are sucking in your stomach or not.

If you are eating normal, eating until you are satisfied, and maybe have something like a high metabolism, I think that you are fine. I have always been pretty skinny and I eat a ton of food. It is because of a really high metabolism. My sister at some point probably looked like that picture too and she is healthy. Some people are really just that skinny.

However, if you get the feeling like you need to limit yourself on food, if you ever skip meals, if you ever feel like you are fat or gaining too much weight, then I'd be concerned. That is a sign that you are too skinny.

Check out this site for ideal weight
    www.calculator.net/ideal-weight-calculator.html

Check out this site for what is considered a healthy BMI. It also gives a nice description of what is healthy and whatnot and a chart with the weight range. You said your weight, but that greatly varies on height.
    http://www.smartbmicalculator.com

• According to BMI calculator, you are classified as "underweight"

• I'm not sucking my stomach in and i eat a lot of food so i think i have a high metabolism too.

• High metabolism makes it difficult to gain weight. You'll naturally gain weight as you get older though once the metabolism slows down. I would just suggest eating until you are satisfied and enjoying your metabolism.
      I would imagine that eating excessive amounts junk food on purpose to gain weight may do more harm than good because of the unhealthy content in it.

Hmm eat what you want and don't feel the need to hold back.

Most Helpful Girl

• Your poll is very extreme. I'm not voting.

As others have said, your picture is lying on your back which makes you look skinnier.

The first question I have to ask is is this natural or do you watch what you eat?

No you aren't disgusting. Yes you are very skinny. Gaining a few pounds wouldn't hurt you. But if it's not natural for you, don't cry about it.

The end of the day, whether you are fat or thin, tall or short, there will be someone for you and friends for you. Surround yourself with people who care and ignore the ones who don't. I've learnt that the hard way, but I've been taught relationships by my current boyfriend. I've gained 5 stone (yes almost your entire weight) since being with him, but he understands (health related) and he still loves me. The same will happen for you, and the important thing is YOU are happy

What Guys Said 43

• you're laying on your back which causes your stomach to stretch out and look smaller than simply standing straight.

• You're laying on your back, causing the weight to shift and cave in... if you want a real opinion take a picture standing up.

• Hard to tell from the picture cause you are laying down, but generally speaking if you can count individual ribs and you have hip pointers that's too skinny. Not sure id say you look horrible though without a different pic, but yeah you might be a little on the skinny side.

• You're bmi looks to be very low so you could do with trying to raise thi slightly because you shouldn't be able to show your ribs like you do but in all. Apart from being slightly under weight. You look ok. x

• I can't tell. I'm all about bubble butts but I suspect at just 95 ibs. you don't have one. Prove me wring?

• you don't look horrible but I do think you could stand to put on weight. 95lbs seems underweight... but it does depend on your height

I do see a ton of ribs and pelvic bone though which would make me think you could put some meat on them bones

• Is that you in profile pic - You look fine - Don't worry about numbers - It is how you look and how you feel that is important - Not the numbers or what anyone else says.

• You don't look horrible or disgusting but you are skinny and underweight. Too many traces of bone is visible. I suggest exercising your abs and midsection in general. It's unhealthy to be so skinny and underweight.

• You really have to stand up, even I (weighing 170 pounds) would look like that in that position... true story

• when you lie on your back as in pic. your belly will go down...

So , I have noticed your curvy ass... comparing your height with weight you are v. good. I have just took a pull. I voted for small boobs and flat belly.
    I am sure that the hidden parts have much much more to say.

• Sorry, but you are underweight. Not to the point where you're "disgusting", but it's still unhealthy. :/

• Very skinny, please eat... for your health.

• It may be just your body type... if you eat healthy and exercise, then you are just fine. If you eat the crust off things and do very little exercise then you may have a problem.

• I think if you were standing up you'd look great.

• Laying on your back like that makes you look way more skinny than u are, I'm sure you look great

• Make a pic where you stand. Maybe you are just a girl who doesn't have to worry about diet and shit so be glad about it. Being anorexic on the other hand is a terrible disease like being too fat is (its a unhealthy mindset, ever seen savage animals be fat?).

• Your profile avatar would be a better indicator if that was recent... from the pic you are basing this question on, it appears that your arms are stretched up, which will draw the skin tight over the abdomen and ribcage...

• I was at least that thin for many years... Probably until I hit 40. If you're healthy, fuck the critics, you look very nice.

• Your laying down yes but I do think your too skinny... if I had my hand on your tummy I'd kinda only be feeling bones

• But if your the girl in the profile picture then no you don't look to skinny there at all

• A photo standing up would be better. Other than that, unless your drastically underweight which you don't appear to be I wouldn't worry. Its only when your health starts to suffer that it becomes a major issue otherwise it is cosmetic.

• Having now looked at your profile pic, your upper arms look healthy so I wouldn't say you are that underweight, if they were stick thin then I would be worried. If you share your weight you need to share your height to.

• Yep you're skinny but it looks really good... by the way you look beautiful specially those sizzling eyes 😶? Lol

• That, is called a bikini bridge.

And in all seriousness, you might want to check your height/weight on some medical sites, you might be underweight...

• In my opinion you look great but its how you feel is what matters if you are happy with how you look that is what counts :)

• I'd date you. We'd get a bit of meat on those bones, but it's nothing too bad. You would just have to eat what I cook.

• Too bony for my taste, but that girl shouldn't have said that. That was mean.

• Well that was rude of her.

• There's nothing wrong with how you look. Ignore that stupid jealous bitch.

• are you sucking your stomach in?

• harde to tell by how you are lying, but you look thin

• You are too skinny but I think she was just being jealous

• More from Guys
    13

What Girls Said 21

• It's really hard to tell by only seeing this part of your body, plus you're laying down which pretty much makes any thin person look like this, so yeah, I think you're thin but you don't look too skinny to me – don't worry, she was probably really just jealous.

• You are well underweight! I'm 5'2" and the lowest healthy weight I should be is 8st! You don't look disgusting but you are too thin, and that will be detrimental to your health. Do you still have periods?

• You don't look horrible she was probarbly just jealous but if its at the point where you can see your bones then it probs isn't healthy and your health is what matters :)

• Your laying on your back sucking in your stomach and asking if you're too skinny. Lol.

Not a good picture for that assessment. But being 5'4", 95 pounds is too thin, that's medically underweight which isn't healthy. But if you are happy that way then who cares.

And before you call me a jealous bitch I weigh a whopping 102 pounds, so don't start.

• You look great no worries girl

• i really dont like how you look in the pic you look deflated you should not be able to see your bones like that. I'm worried you might be anorexic or something because you have no meat on you at all or was this picture from a while ago because your profile picture you've got quite a booty

• 95 lbs. at 5'4" is seriously underweight. I suggest you see a doctor. I'm 5'1" and 95 lbs. is under weight even for my height so imagine how bad it is for yours. Look it up if you don't believe me, or think I'm just trying to be mean.

• Bad angle. Would've been better if you had stood.

• Because you're laying on your back your stomach pushes in, making you look rib cage skinny.

I'm 5'1 and a half and weight 117... not fat at all by the way

• you don't look horrible, but you're a bit too skinny. I'm sure you look really pretty with clothes on though. so she said that out of jealousy.

• You dont look like horrible. But you can gain some weight. That would be perfect.

• When I lay down my stomach is like that too, but I'm not skinny. I think if you stood up and took a picture then it would be a more accurate way to tell. And I mean, as long as you're healthy, whether you're skinny or not doesn't really matter.

• I disagree, there are many women that don't look like that when they lie down.

• @alfonsosloan45 I understand that, but I think its also about body shape, I have a relatively large rib cage so it stands out a lot, which may be the case for others too

• The ones that put ur too skinny are liars and are just jealous I'm on the bigger side and I think you look great

• Hmm yea you are skinny but nothing crazy, but you should eat more...

• its really hard to tell because your laying down and that makes you look thinner. But you look too skinny not horrible or discusting just eat a burger every know and then. no one wants to cuddle with bones.

• When I was thin months ago, I would lay like that and stretch out like a cat... My boyfriend would freak out and say I looked gross, because he could see my bones. -_- It happens, sometimes people have no idea how to keep their opinions to themselves. Don't let it get to you... Trust me, you look too skinny to her, but to you and everyone else she looks like an asshole. I'd rather be too skinny ;)

• Ew yes... please eat for you're health

• You aren't disgusting. But very skinny and underweight. That is not being in shape. Being in shape means you are healthy and have some muscle.
    But it's your body. If you like it that way, it's most important.

• you are definitely sucking your stomach in the picture say it all.

• We live in a world where fat joking videos like Nicole Arbour get taken down but when people skinny shame it's ok

• I'm 13 and I weigh more than you and people say I'm skinny so... yeah your too skinny