Girl wanted me to draw her. Whats your opinion?

Its not finished yet I'll finish it tomorow. I told her I dont need her for posing anymore since I only need to add the details and shadows for the body tomorow. But since I couldnt wait to show you guys I uploaded the unfinished version.

So? What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• The face looks a little too hard and the hair too stiff. It makes her look a little too masculine, and most girls wouldn't like that.

And maybe work on her crossed leg. It looks a bit... well... disproportionate.

• You think? Alright.. I'll try. Im learning myself bro :P even tho she asked me to draw her, I only agreed because its practise. And because I liked her looks lol..

• Oooh.. no.. fuck.. the crossed leg was covered by a towel. Fuck man.. that bothered me right now. Yeah.. forgot about that.. and I told her I dont need her anymore. Oh well, I'll just draw it from my memory. With the towel it'll make sense.

• Thanks by the way. I'll do that.

What Girls Said 1

• Proportions need work. A lot of work.
    But shading could hide some things... Or just make it worse.
    Hair looks alright.
    Try blending the shadows out more so they look more natural and not like uniform shapes. And use different shades for shadows, the shadow under her chin is all one color, it should be a lighter shadow all over with a dark shadow in the crease between her chin and lower lip. The eye does not look like its at a profile angle, smush the corner on the right to be a bit more round so it looks like an eye shape that is turned away from the viewer.
    As for the body I think you are focusing too much on what you THINK a body looks like and not what it ACTUALY looked like in front of you. The waist is very small, and in that reclining pose it should not have curves as if it were standing. The boobs are very awkwardly shaped and placed but it looks like they are sort of just place holders that you'll erase anyways? The leg she's sitting on is nice with good foreshortening but it's just too small, same with the hand resting on it. Look at the leg then look at her head. The other leg is more proportionate.
    Any other questions feel free to ask, I've been drawing for most of my life

• Omg! You're so right! The crossed leg she's resting on has a towel.. I think I should've drawn at least that before I upload it here. About the waste, it really looked like that to me... but oh well I think I need to call her back again to see what I did wrong. Seems like I did to much wrong to just finish it tomorow. I'll start over again. Thanks. Thats worth MHO by the way. But why an anonymous post? Its not like you said something that would embarrass yourself

• About the boobs, actually they looked like that. They were pretty small and from what I've seen they were exactly like that. Maybe it just looks weird because I didn't do the shadowing yet. I'll finish this picture tomorow for practise and ask her to come again to make one in another position maybe.

What Guys Said 3

• It is quite good - Keep practising - Some good signs in that drawing.

• As a graduate of art school, it really depends on her level of experience. If she's a high school student it's pretty good but any older and she has no future in the arts. Well I mean she does because the arts, as every other profession now, doesn't hold women to the same standard as men. Women can be shit at their style of art but it's a personality piece and that's her "style" whereas if a man isn't classically good or a hugely flamboyant gay guy with a focus on using his art to express is gayness it's shit and you should be in the field. I was one of the best students in my drawing classes and still ended with a B when I restarted and took foundations drawing classes because the professor was pretty fucking stupid person; keep in mind I took classes at one of the best art schools in the country and definitely the best in my state before I changed to the school that this instructor was at. This dumb SOB tried to teach us that you don't use rulers to do perspective and architectural drawings, just learn to use your eye... That's fucking stupid. However if you're only looking for an answer as to wether the drawing is good or not, see the first sentence or two; if you're looking for the rantings of an artist who takes his work and at one time perspective career seriously thanks for making it to the end.

• Why her level of experience? I drew her! Im a student lol and just learn it. Again, SHE asked ME to draw her. Not because Im famous for being good at drawing, Im learning it. She probably just asked me because she likes me. We looked up a pose she can do, and she Imitated it. Thats it.

• I've tried it, people don't really get or like my style though. I have the same vision with my art that I do with my music, perfection is stupid and completion is a waste of time. The art is in the process so why work it to completion, music is in the voice so why practice something to the point of having it down to muscle memory and perfection; wrong notes are what define me as an allegory for out of place thoughts. Beauty is embarrassing and should always be.

Dude, if you're just starting out, you're on a good path and keep at it. Define a style and stick to it, fuck that neoclassical masters bullshit, become a master in your own right.

• Sounds good. Thanks alot! Thats actually worth an MHO but I already gave one.. sorry but here is an upvote! And really, thanks for the effort telling me this! Get healthy very soon!.. dont know how to wish someone health in English when someone is sick the usual way..

• Is it you? the one who did the wolf?

• No.. never did a wolf lol. But thats a good idea. I'll try that.

• Yeah I have that problem too xD sometimes it doesn't feel right. In this case you can just upload your picture here to get some tips and maybe ask some friends. Maybe even some friends who also draw. I for example asked 8 other people on Whatsapp before I uploaded it here to ask what to make better.

• I'd just post it to share, is all :p