Who's sick of seeing unattainable perfect bodies? Show us your scars! What's the story behind them?

I'm kinda tired of seeing fabricated (or non-fabricated) perfect bodies all the time. I hate that scars are being seen as something revolting. I had this issue with mine as well, but I can now say that I've gotten my hate for my scar under control, and now I'm wearing it proudly as a reminder of what I've been through.

Seeing the placement of my scar, you could guess where I got it: heart surgery. I was 4, and it involved only very few of my own tears and a lot of my mom's. I used to always hate it, kept pulling my swimsuit up to cover it. Now I see it as a proof of what a brave little girl I was and in my down times, a reminder that that brave and stubborn little girl is still there inside me. She got me through the heart surgery, she can get me through life as well.

Every scar tells a story. Show us YOUR scars and tell us your story. Go anonymous if you like.

I hope no one sees this question for anything than what it's intended to be.

No one wants to share their c-sections? Or anything else?

Most Helpful Guy

• Scars definitely tell stories, don't they? Glad to see you overcame that at such a young age. No need to be embarassed about that, Asker! :-D

I have some small circular scars (about the size of grains of salt or cookie crumbs) on the tip of my nose, from chicken pox. Ironically, the vaccine was released the following year in the USA! :-P

To be honest, I don't even think about those scars at all. They're barely noticble because of my dark complexion, and I never dealt with a lot of insecurity about them.

Ironically because I never made a big deal out of my chicken pox scars, I don't think many other people did, either (outside of curiosity questions because all scars have a story).

Most Helpful Girl

• My body is beyond perfect besides the fact that i'm a bit over weight.

I'm 23 and have started to get acne even though as a teen I never had zits. I also have A LOT of scars from my clumsyness, depression moments, and stretch marks around my thighs.

The stories about 2 scars I have is kind of funny.

The one on my big toe was when I went on a band trip to disney world. It was at the pool of the hotel and I was going to run and jump into the pool. I didn't notice there was this concert border around the pool. My big toe hit it and I face planted into the pool. Which my toe was bleeding like crazy.

The one on my wrist is due to helping a friend cut up these cardboard boxes. I was using scissors to do that. Which it ended up slipping and stabbed me in the wrist. Blood was pouring down my arm which it didn't really hurt. I only started to worry when I thought it might have hit an artery or something important.

What Guys Said 7

• i got a scar to the left of my left eye. no story really. shit happens lol

• I have a scar on my arm and one on my back.. because my brother and I always were pissing eachother off. And then he said something about a girl I liked and I got angry so I chased him, and he closed the door of the livingroom, which is a glassdoor but you can't see through and it has a very fat frame. Anyways I ignored the fact that it was glass and rammed it again and again until it broke and I fell through. Both scars came from this. Pretty stupid I know.

• I got some scars, but they are minor in nature. The one I sewed up myself, the others were from fishing and soccer.

• I don't have any scars, and yours doesn't look bad at all... they can be a little sexy sometimes

• Thanks for saying mine does not look that bad :) as in sexy... Other people's scars can be sexy. I don't know about mine lol but II bet not. It's just... there.

• *even on a girl

• Lol OK thanks again then XD

• I got a scar on my lip from fighting on the subway, the rest are just emotional scars

I think it's pretty attainable, just takes work. I do handstands every day and I look pretty good

• Not everything is attainable by everyone.

• just because you dont shave or work out doesn't give you the right to complain about people who do

• You're assuming things you know nothing of now.

• I have a two inch scar from where they removed my first rib and neck muscle. I don't think it's that noticeable surprisingly

• Why did they have to?

• I had a blood clot in my arm and they had to remove my rib and neck Muscle to improve the circulation. This part in my chest was compressed by the rib and neck muscle that it reduced the circulation and made it likely to get blood clots.

• yeah its not pretty but its the reason you're alive so there's that.

What Girls Said 4

• I think bodies (as in fitness) are usually attainable but the photoschopped perfection is a little much!

Palmers do a really good scar serum which (I know its been years) is maybe worth a try? It got rid of the depth of mine which was nice and got my confidence back :)

• I did apply some scar (or keloid) salves, and it helped reduced it a bit. But tbh, now I don't really care anymore. I've made my peace with it ;) should I one day become rich and have nothing else to worry about, I will do more research on how to further reduce it. But for now, if people sees my scar and makes fun of me, the joke's on them ;)

• So it was also a Keloid then? Like a 3D flesh growth instead of the scar healing flat on the skin?

• yeah my knee was partially because of the way it was stitched x

• You go girl!!! Show your scars! I have scars on my back! And you just got me even more comfortable with them there! So thank you so much and again you go girl!

• I have like 7 small scars on my hands because I was around too many knives when I was little. I also have a slim 2 inch scar on the right side of my stomach above my hip bone from falling out of a dead tree when I was six. The wounds were a lot bigger and from the begining i had 2 parallel scars but one faded. Then I have scars on both of my knees. They are just straight cuts that I got from scraping them on a sharp metal thing. Then the last two that I am the most insecure about are round and small but they are the most visible of all my scars. One on my left knee and one on my thigh. They were more purple before (now they r skin colored) but now I've learnt to accept them. Sorry if this was boring and too long but I didn't want to leave any of them out.

• And my scars doesn't have any interesting stories or anything like yours do. The most interesting one was when I was making the PERFECT marshmallow grilling stick and got a scar on my finger so yea. And by the way I'm really happy that you talk about this. It's a pretty neglected subject. Most people only speak about the unattainable slim and tall bodies but only a few mention scarring etc.

• Glad you feel that way about this post :) scars definitely contribute to imperfection, along with everything else. A model look and body would not be able to become a model if she had some visible scars.

• I was burned by hot water when I was a baby which resulted in scars on half of my chest and part of my right arm. And of course I had skin graphs done so that left a light scar on my left leg. Blahhh. Oh well haha its not too bad. One time my ex attempted to compliment me by saying I look like that blue chic from wolverine's squad lol I obviously don't know her name but I'm familiar with the character. I felt pretty bad ass after that lmao.