Is 5ft too short for a girl?

I'm only 5ft and I want honest opinions on whether guys think this is too short for me to be their girlfriend? Particularly if you're 5ft 9 or taller.

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on the guy you're dating, a 5'0 girl would be fine with a 5'8 or 5'9 guy but will be a little short for 6'2 guy

Most Helpful Girl

• From what I've seen on here and heard from guys, many of them love women that are our height, as I'm also 5'0. Yes, it's short, but a lot of guys won't complain about it.

What Guys Said 16

• No your too tall, I only like girls who are under 2ft.

• This question comes up a lot.

I'm 6ft, my girlfriend is 5'2" and I love that she is so short. There are many advantages to it. When we go out for dinner, I can put her on the cramped side of the table and there is plenty of room.

Theme parks are tons of fun. I always try to get her a childs ticket, and then I offer to get her a stroller if she gets tired. I can also make her stand next to the "must be this tall to ride signs", just to be safe.

You might say she is 2" taller than you, but from my perspective I can see the tops of both of your heads equally well so it's really not different.

lastly, there is nothing more sexy than when she steps on top of something and stands on her tippy toes to give me a kiss.
    So really I just don't see it as a problem, in fact I kinda like it.

• Nah man you're fine

• I'm 5'10" and if someone actually loves you, then they won't care if your short. But casually dating wise i think 5' would be something i'd have to work with but it defiantly would not be a bad thing. A lot of guys love short girls because they're easier to embrace and hold. I've always thought it's cute when couples do that thing, where the girl has her legs around the guy as he's standing up, holding her up by her thighs, and if your short then that would be easier. You shouldn't worry about being short, trust me, there are a lot of guys out there that love short girls. If anything you should be proud your not average. Besides to be number one you have to be odd. (get it? cause 1 is an odd number.)

• too short for me!

• I am a tad over 5 9.
    My girlfriend (as she puts it) is 5 foot 11 inches and 3/4.

Always important to get that extra 3/4 of an inch!

I have to bend a bit to kiss her or hug her, but true love makes it worth it.

Her sister is the same height, as is her daughter. I've got no complaints at all.

• my girl is 4'8 and I'm 5'9" I think it's cute.. the other day I was taking a picture and I rested my phone on the top of her head lol or we went to this takeout place and the counter was high enough her chin just cleared it.. it's too cute.

• Are you kidding? That's funsize! At 6'2", a 5" girl is great!

• Nope. Its fine.

• I love 5 fy women and I am 6 ft 4

• Wtfffffff! Why not choose sumwhere near yo height :I

• Why would you care? I am 6'1, are you one of those women that only dates men above a certain height?

• No, she is asking if men care all that much that she is short. She wants to know if men find it bad or good that she is short.

• So then you would date a 5'7 guy? @asker

• Obviously, yes, that's the height of my ex boyfriend

• Not really.

• 5'9ish (last time I checked, probably grew a bit)

Girlfriend is 5'1

No trouble. I have no complains.

Can complicate kissing slightly but that just makes it better. ;)

With that said, that is borderline. An inch shorter and it would be a no for me in my opinion

• 5ft is really short. My sister is that height and thats short for her age and she's only 14.

• I'm 6'3".

I think it's cute.

What Girls Said 7

• Pffft no. That's my height and I'm fucking adorable.
    Nobody's ever complained so I'd say it's not too bad.

• I don't think so.. I am 5ft and I'm dating a guy that's 6.1!:-D

• depends on the guy's height. but i know guys who are 6 ft but still want 5ft girlfriend.

• I'm 5'3'' and my guy is 5'9'' and he finds it cute when we hug because i can rub my nose in his beard :P

• Not at all, I have a friend who's 4'11.

• Guys like short girls... I'm 5'9" though

• It's not short.