WHy do dresses always look short on me (i'm not really tall)?

I'm 5'5" just average height and every dress of skirt that i wear people always comment that it looks so short on me. Most of the time it's fingertip length (which is technically dress code at my school) and isn't as short as shorts i wear. i let my friends borrow my clothes and they never get the comments i do and it doesn't look short on them nearly as much as me. I don't know its not a big problem but it bothers me and I don't know if its long torso or long legs but..

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like long legs and a shorter torso to me which gives impression of a shorter dress/skirt.

Most Helpful Girl

• Do you have a big butt?
    Your body shape could effect how clothes look on you.

What Guys Said 3

• Long body short legs

• i think u have a big butt, a thicker thigh or longer legs. not bad at all.

• maybe you have a decent size boobs

What Girls Said 3

• I noticed that when girls with skinnier legs wear short dresses/shorts/skirts it looks less "choking" or "short". Maybe you have thicker thighs? It's not a bad thing, I usually prefer thicker legs on girls :)

• You probably have long legs

• That is a mystery to me :P I don't think that's so short, but it could be because you have long legs