What should I do about my hairy body?

I naturally have a very hairy body. A hairy chest, stomach, back, everything. Even my fingers and toes. I am very insecure about it and I don't know what to do about it. I have thought about shaving it, but that would take a long time, I know I would miss some, and it would just grow back thicker. I have thought about asking my parents if I could like get it waxed, but that scares me and I doubt they would let me. Any suggestions?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 10

• is it not just a little peach fuzz?

• You should do nothing about it. You will find someone who will love and accept you for who you are. I for example, love little body hairs, I think they are very special.

• Don't shave... ever!! It will just grow back more

If it's light, like blonde hair... I'd just leave it

Otherwise go laser as it's the best option out there... and cheaper in the long run

• you look like you would have fine fair hair on your body. and honestly I don't mind hair on the back, arms. But stomach hair, like thick enough to have shadows should be lasered off.

• Probably find a way to convince them to let u get waxed. If you're scared of that, then just get them waxed one at a time. The ones people notice first, though.

• Shave or nair

• Go get waxed, it supposed to come in less thick.

• no i think you are so natual and you should be that i really like natural girls like you

• Laser hair removal

• Girls dont have hairy bodies. Have they?

• I do... and so do a lot of my friends... none as bad as me :/

• They have hair on their body too.

• Never seen a girl with hairy back. Ok maybe a little bit of hair that you can't notice it but thats it.

What Girls Said 5

• I understand what you're going through. It runs in my family... it's a pain and makes you self conscious but it is very very manageable, don't worry. It is much tougher to do something about an insecurity you can do nothing about.

Can you describe what the body hair is like in various areas? Like is it thick or fine? Are the hairs long or short? Is there a particular area that has a lot? Is your skin sensitive and prone to being irritated? Also, is getting rid of this hair something you want to do or do you feel pressured to do it? It's okay to leave it as well, I want you to realize that. You are very young. You can even decide to just remove it in areas that are visible to the general public and leave the body hair if no one sees it, if that makes you feel less insecure and more comfortable.

If you really want to remove a lot of it, let's see. Hmm... Certain areas of the body you can groom very easily at home, so I would recommend that... such as legs, arms, fingers and toes. You can shave with a good razor and shaving cream and see how that goes. Once you get into a habit of it, it doesn't take very long at all.

Nowadays, laser hair removal is a lot more affordable and Groupon has some great deal for treatments. Do you have a dark hair color and light or medium skin color? That would make you a great candidate for that. If so, I would recommend getting any facial hair and underarms lasered first if your parents may allow that. My sister is close to your age, and my dad even offered it for her because she had some embarassing thicker hair growing in on her chin that was getting difficult to manage and was very noticeable. You can get body waxing too, but it gets very expensive to keep doing that and so I'd recommend laser over that since its effect lasts.

• Start by shaving and then when you notice that your body hair grew a little go wax. Since you said that you have a very hairy body, waxing can be really painful in first place. It would hurt much less if you're less hairy, that's why I suggested shaving and then go waxing the next couple days when the hair grows back a little.
    Remember when shaving to use shaving cream instead of soap because it is more efficient, gently use the razor in an upward direction, and rinse with cool water instead of warm water, I read somewhere about shaving tips. If you're nervous about shaving ask your mother to help you. For the waxing, don't do it yourself. Go to a beauty salon because waxing can be tricky. Try to convince your mom to take you to get waxed. I was 13 years old the first time I got waxed, so I see no reason for your parents to not let you get waxed.

• You don't have to get your entire body waxed if that scares you. What I would do is I would shave the easiest parts first, such as legs, underarms, fingers, toes and stomach area. Make sure you use a sharp razor to prevent razor burn and missing spots and moisturize afterward.

As for other areas, you could get waxed. Places like the bikini area and back could all be waxed. If you have noticeable hair on your top lip, you could either wax it yourself or use hair removal cream.

• Laser hair removal...

• This is the only real option for long term. Waxing or shaving or plucking or anything else is just short term cover up.
      Which, in the long run, is more expensive than Lazer.
      Truly the cheapest and healthiest AND best option is to learn to love yourself. These kind of things make me so sad

• Don't worry, i am the same and you are certainly not alone xD If it really bothers you i would recommend looking into waxing, it is affordable and works pretty good. But you are perfect just the way you are and most girls are actually a lot hairier than we are led to believe. Just feel comfortable in your own skin, there could never be a more beautiful you ^^