Guys, do you prefer make up on girls, little make up, or natural?

Personally, I'm more of a natural - little make up kind of guy. I'm just amazed how with a lot of girls I meet and some on GAG put on a lot of make up but would look more attractive if they didn't - at least to me anyway...

Most Helpful Girl

• meh. i don't wear makeup for male attention. that's what i have boobs for.

when i put on makeup, or if i go out without any (which i do 80% of the time), i'm not thinking of men at all. i truly do not care about how random men perceive me. and i feel like a lot of women are similar. it's more about how i feel about myself when i put it on or take it off.

dudes dont know the difference between Too Faced and Mac, anyways so why stress?

• Loving you're opinion, it's a whole different angle. I would sometimes joke that boobs are weapons of mass destruction as it will drive men wild. Anyway. the make up you put is similar to that of fashion correct? It's a bit difficult for me to comprehend at the moment that you put on make up not because you care what guys think, rather just to make you feel good. For example, in my case I don't really dress up. I wear jeans, shirt, a watch and dress casually - unless it's a date, party, wedding, etc. If you truly don't care, why wear make up at all? Is the make up an extension of your expression as a female such as fashion? Fashion is for both sexes I know but women do view things a bit differently than men do...

• Purely recreational and 500% not for men. I honestly do not think of you or any man when I reach for my kabuki brush. I think it's funny tho, and surprisingly telling, that most men cannot imagine a woman doing something if not for the attention or approval of men lol. It's a bit self-centered.
      It's not that I don't care about makeup or fashion, it's more that I don't care about YOU, as in random men.
      Most women know what men like, fashion-wise, oversized purses, purple liner, o-glow, and urban decay coco powders, are not included in what men typically like. It really has nothing to do with you.

• I think you're taking my statement a little too far. Meeting girls from around the world gives one perspective regarding a woman and her feelings. Guys also do things that makes them feel better. For example, with egotistical men like to put others down to make themselves feel superior - something which is anathema and stupid to me.

Ever watch everybody loves Raymond? In one episode, Debra and Raymond were in the bedroom. Debra asks him "do you know why I put on lotion? I'm getting old Ray, the lotion doesn't help anymore but I do it because it makes me feel better." I think this applies to your situation quite well...

Most Helpful Guy

• I am same as you - I prefer little or no make up.

What Girls Said 15

• The secret is to look like you don't have much makeup on. Many girls who look "natural" have indeed makeup. I think it's pretty to have makeup on as long as it's not too much and if it's properly done.

• Natural or light makeup most of the time, heavier makeup may look nice for special occasions like weddings.

It does depend on the girl though.

• It really depends..
    Some girls still look amazing with a lot of make-up whereas I'd look like a freaking clown with that amount of make-up.

• Im a girl, but I will add my two cents if you do not mind.
    All natural hun. God made a girl beautiful for a reason, why hide it or cover it up or make it unreal.
    Plus, make up does not taste good during a heavy makeout session, lol ;-)

• You'd be surprised how much make-up goes into the "natural look".

• Haha good point... I guess they mean makeup aiming to look natural versus makeup that is trying to look heavy.

• I wear some makeup bc my face is red and I have acne marks that haven't faded yet. I have gone without makeup tho and I felt fine without wearing it but everyone was asking me if I was sick or sunburnt. I think by summer I'll be done wearing makeup

• Brows, mascara, lips. DONE.
    if nothing else I do my brows since they are so light.
    It is unbelievable how much makeup some girls wear.

• I like makeup but I use it very lightly. Mascara and eyeshadow is basically all I use. When I see women with it caked on I cringe. I've heard men say they prefer natural or very light makeup.

• i think i would look weird with makeup on... maybe because i have never tried it.. but well whatever.. a little bit is nice i think.. and i'll sure try it.. :)

• I only wear eye liner and some times blush nothing eles 😀

• natural or light make up

• To me light contouring is ok, it's when you create features that make you like a different person isn't. I do cover-up for the undereyes, mascara , a little contour on the cheeks and highlight the nose. And that feels like its too much to me. A little heavier at night but that's enough to me

• As long as she is drunk she is ok

• Whatever makes them prettier. Guys have no idea

• I like natural makeup too. I like just wearing a little bit to highlight my features, not so much that it changes how I look. I do like a bit of red lipstick though
    But it doesn't bother me what other girls do. As long as they are happy and confident

What Guys Said 28

• Little to no make up. Obvious make up, especially foundation, is one of my biggest turn offs. And I frequently comment wow you look amazing today to girls, only to hear, I didn't put on any make up today.
    So I both like the natural face, and dislike the made up face.

• Well if she dose it right, then however much she uses will often "look" natural, if she's going for a natural look. I don't care if it looks good, and variety is nice.

• The main thing is that it looks like it fits.

It is possible to wear a lot of makeup and still make it look natural I guess, but it is very rare. It depends on how you do it. A safer bet is little to no makeup. It is cool how girls put in the effort to try and look their best, but often times, just a little makeup goes a LONG way.

So I'm with you OP on this one-- natural to little make up is the best. I sometimes see girls on GAG who would look mich better without makeup. The makeup almost distracts from their natural beauty.

Yeah, I've seen girls that can pull off the lots-of-makeup look, but it doesn't happen often.

• Depends. Usually I like some light eye stuff. But I know of a particular girl who looks better without it. It really depends.

• No makeup, or just a little bit, but natural (concealer and face powder).

• I like none or a little. I do like "a lot" if it's TV-studio-quality, but not the "lot" that most amateurs slather on.

• a little make up usually goes a long long way. I appreciate the effort a lady puts in her looks.

• 0% Makeup.

• all women look 10x better without makeup in my eyes. i always tell my friends to take it off. so natural or extremely little is acceptable in my eyes

• Natural is always best

• ugly girl use make up because they ugly. I can't blame girl for use make up... they are preventing nightmares.

one look them with out make up send man to deep sleeping.

• Sweat pants, hair tied, chilling with no make-up on. That's when you're the prettiest, I hope that you don't take it wrong

• Natural.
    Nothing beats a kiss in a smooth natural skin, texture and smelly face.

• Natural all the way. I don't like the stuff. :-P

• Natural look or light amount. Too much looks ugly

• Natural.

///

• Me too, i'm very much for natural. If they really must, a little then. I'm really not for a lot of make up on girls

• I prefer a naturalistic look. Heavy handed makeup is a big turn off. I shouldn't be able to tell you're wearing it from across the room (even though I know you probably are).

• Contrast, drama, boldness in makeup are very attractive.

• Ugly girls should wear makeup do look at least decent looking.

• I don't prefer either. Do it, don't do it. Whatevs

• A little eyes and lips makeup increases the beauty.

• I prefer fucking natural look.

• If she is beautiful as natural... ahh i couldnt think it..

• It depends on the make up.
    But as for heavy applied, no.

• I like makeup on girls.

But then, I'm also not one of those idiot guys who gets fooled by it.

• Honestly I prefer natural, they can do light if they really want to but please not heavy.

• I think it depends on the girl. Some look a lot better with make up. Katy Perry is always my best example of this. Some look better natural. It really depends.