Unaware of beauty?

Does anyone have an opinion on the "you don't know you're beautiful" (1D) idea?

Do you think it's a good thing when someone is semi/unaware of their beauty? What if it makes them less confident about guys because they can't see it easily?

It's not even a question of confidence or flaws sometimes. It's more like - I can't see it. It's like I'm blind to it. I look at my face in the mirror and see this very striking intense kind of plain face with amazing eyes (thank God). I don't really see the type of beauty that I see celebrated around me. So it's like - I don't disbelieve people when they tell me I'm beautiful but I don't quite understand.

Most Helpful Guy

• vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

I am not really sure I understand your question...

vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

You go on as if people are objectively beautiful and you just don't see the object. If beauty is really in the eye of the beholder then it's no surprise that others may find ourselves beautiful while we don't think so ourselves.

• This is a really good point and I appreciate the help. I guess I should go with others' opinions and not my own - it's just very strange to hear one thing and see another.

• Well, people tend to find the same things beautiful so I am not too surprised you are getting the same rating roughly. XD I don't use numbers to rate because a '10' doesn't exist for me, and the numbers don't discriminate between people. I use words to describe looks but they don't mean the same thing as what others mean when they say it.

• Miles Edgeworth is a character from the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney series.

Most Helpful Girl

• My mum says I'm beautiful and I'm not aware of it. She says guys "break their necks" to look at me when I'm out and I don't even notice. She loves going out with me, just to see all the attention haha. I don't see it though personally and my self esteem can affect my confidence with attractive men. No matter how much I tell myself that they'll like me, I'm a nice girl and fairly attractive, I still turn into a stuttering mess around them sometimes.

What Guys Said 4

• We are our own worst critics. We see flaws others are unaware of. We see blemishes. We understand our own failings, where others have no idea. What we consider a chink in our exterior, others don't even care or see it as a sign of enhanced looks.

Ask any woodworker what they think about the pieces they've made. They KNOW all the little areas where they were a little to agrees I've with a chisel, or where they sanded too much, or where the finish didn't cover exactly right. Yet everyone else looks at the piece and is awed by the skill and workmanship.

And just like that, those who don't "see" or realize their exterior beauty, so goes those individuals outlook on how THEY perceive others see them.

• That makes sense and it's not so much about perceived flaws as that I feel like my face is quite striking but plain - I don't really see the "cast of beauty" to it that others apparently see, thank God (cast of beauty is strange Bronte-esque wording I know but I meant it along the likes of "she had an ethereal cast (or pallor cast or similar) to her face" - I guess cast is incorrect because it's a temporary term but I'm trying to express that I feel like I'm seeing blue where everyone else sees green, does that make sense?)

• Yes I think it's good when girls don't know their own beauty potential... I find those girls are sweeter and less arrogant on average

I met some like that and there's amazing people

'If everyone was blind, how many people would you impress'

• Whoa @ that last sentence. Amazing thought.

• ☺️

So are you one of those girls?

• I mean tbh I feel like I have an interesting/striking but plain/intense face and pretty eyes (thank God) - people tell me I am really beautiful but I don't see it except very rarely.

• Lots of people are like that. They don't consider themselves good looking because of flaws. While someone they don't know sees only their beauty.

• It's not even a question of confidence or flaws sometimes. It's more like - I can't see it. It's like I'm blind to it. I look at my face in the mirror and see this very striking intense kind of plain face with amazing eyes (thank God). I don't really see the type of beauty that I see celebrated around me. So it's like - I don't disbelieve people when they tell me I'm beautiful but I don't quite understand.

• I know a few girls who are like that.

• Thank u for the compliment

• A person unaware of their beauty is truly a free spirit.

What Girls Said 3

• All the time, very common and some tire of hearing it said to their face

• i think its cute.

• No. People are aware, pretty people know it. They're just not flaunting it