Smiling or serious selfies?

I don't like taking photos with a full smile in selfies by myself, it seems fake and I feel weird just beaming to the camera alone lol.
I only ever do a small closed mouth smile
but I always get people telling me I should smile.
Is smiling always better?

1|0
3|19

Most Helpful Guy

• Try and relax - To convey a smile you don't have to show buckets of teeth just a hint of a smile can be just as good though you look very well in profile pic, you don't have much to worry about.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• i like smiling.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 18

• No smile is always good aswell. We get to see your real face, instead of the fake one that you force just to take the selfie

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't have to open your mouth but smiling in general is always pretty. Brightens the mood.

0|0
    0|0
  • it's the same for me. a full open mouth smile would look unnatural on me, too fake. so I'll just look serious as always or smirk but that's it.

do whatever fits you best ;)

1|0
    0|0
  • Closed-mouth smiles are great. I have good teeth but always think I look better with a closed-mouth smile.
    Non-smiling can look like other expressions - disdain, sadness, pouting.
    If you don't want to do a "false" smile, then take a picture of yourself when you have been laughing at something genuinely :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally like duck face the best, but really it comes down to what feels natural to you...

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as you smile naturally, then it's all good. Don't smile so wide - THAT'S fake.

0|0
    0|0
  • When a beautiful girl smiles it brightens up the world

0|0
    0|0
  • Sssssssssssssselfies are ssssssssilly, so sssseriously you should ssssssssssmile.

0|0
    0|0
  • if that's really you in that profile pic. then you can make most hideous grimace and you will still look cute, hot etc... :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah it can be be it will let people know that you like them, approachable, and your really friendly

0|0
    0|0
  • With your face, you could be frowning and still wouldn't be able to hide the beauty.

0|0
    0|0
    • Hahaha oh you're too sweet
      I probably took 20 photos before I chose this one tbh lol 🙈

• That one looks perfect. Anyway, I bet the other 19 were profile picture material, also.

• I like your face.

0|0
    0|0
  • If that's you in your profile pic, you ain't got a damn thing to worry bout. You're cute either way.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do the something you're fine hun

0|0
    0|0
  • serious is sexier

0|0
    0|0
  • a lot of people have problem smiling. You look great anyhow

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes a duckface works well too

0|0
    0|0
  • catfish can't smile...

1|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 2

• Yeah I totally get you, I don't like open-mouthed smiles in my pictures either. Just seems kinda odd, not to mention I dislike my smile. Just smile any way you want to, you look pretty either way.

1|0
    0|0
  • People always look better with a smile :)
    Think about it like this!!! It bright
    And smile is what brights your face!!

0|0
    0|0