honest opinion on pale skin?

Okay so for my whole life I have been made fun of for my pale skin. I have been called a vampire, asked if I spilled white out on my skin, and asked if I have ever heard of the sun. I feel miserable and now I never wear white OR black just because of the comments. My hair is a strawberry blonde and I have blue eyes, naturally dark lips, and subtle freckles. I know people think tan is healthier and it really does look beautiful but now I'm putting myself down because of my skin. I don't feel like I can even talk to someone who is beautifully tan because I feel out of place. I can't tan, I only burn so awfully that my skin peels... but for some reason, my brother (who has the same paleness) can tan and even HE bugs me about it. I feel socially awkward and like no one would ever want to be my friend because of my paleness, and even some of my friends make comments and I feel like I'm unwanted and I can't trust anyone. Society really gets to me. When I see anyone on a magazine, first thing is TAN gorgeous skin and a million mentions of HOW TO GET RID OF UGLY PALE SKIN, TANNING MIRACLE, GOOD BYE PASTY WHITE SKIN, etc. I'm NOT looking for ways to tan. Maybe someday I will try self tanner, but I just want to know why people can make fun of pale people without notice.

oh and I'm not saying tan is bad I LOVE HOW TAN LOOKS! I just dont understand the whole white hate thing
thanks for all the helpful comments
made my day :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Pale, porcelain skin is beautiful and not many women can pull it off.

Let me tell you a secret of life. People make fun of you for one of three reasons, or a combination of all three:

1.) They're jealous of you
    2.) You're different, and different always stands out
    3.) They're self-conscious about themselves

There is NOTHING wrong with you or the complexion of your skin. You should embrace it, you have a unique feature. Society is full of people that are the same. Don't take to heart anything you read or see in magazines, they're made to feed you junk. In a world where people are running towards indoor tanning and spray on tans, you're different, and different is sexy.

The first girl I ever fell in love with and will remember for the rest of my life had stunning pale white skin, and she was the love of my life. Anyone who tells you your skin is bad or gives your crap for it is shit and doesn't deserve to be in your life.

Please don't force yourself to tan, definitely don't go to tanning salons, and realize that your unique complexion is amazing. You're definitely wanted; someone out there is looking for someone just like you so don't give up hope and love yourself.

And vampires are sexy!

Most Helpful Girl

• I didn't read all of what you wrote up there, but my advice to you is just ignore what other people say. I've been in your position, and I failed to believe in myself due to my insecurities. I regret this a lot right now, and I wished I could've been happy with what I had instead of forcing myself to change for the sake of others. Since you're only 13, a lot of the kids your age are probably extremely immature. Think of the people who has similar skin; do they also critisize you? I bet it's mostly those tanner then you who are always complaining about something that's none of their business. I would kill to have pale skin, and like you, it's not that I don't like tan skin, but I prefer myself with a paler skin tone. The girls who complain about your skin might be jealous of something they will never obtain.

Never, and I mean NEVER, consider changing for the sake of others. They can complain forever but that's not going to change the fact that you have pale skin. If you're insecure, it probably means you're a shy girl because usually the shy ones have more insecurities. Don't think of it as "I have to change for them," think of it as "Why do they even care." Because they shouldn't care. And if they continue, you can and SHOULD, politely bring it up that not everybody will be tan nor get tan easily.

What Guys Said 19

• Prior to the 20th century, pale skin was glorified. Sun baked skin was the mark of manual laborers. The landowner himself (and his family) had pale skin that showed to all that they did not toil in the sun.

Then the industrial revolution really kicked into high gear. Poor workers are now gathered on windowless factories. Its the owners that take vacations where their face can be kissed by the sun.

You just happen to live in an era where being pale is correlated with poverty, not wealth.

But...

There is always an exception to the rule. If you embrace your pale skin, and keep if protected from the sun's rays, you can cheat time. You can avoid the effects of sun on your skin. This is actually true of everyone. It's just with pale skin, you lack other options. Imagine, having the skin of a 20 year old when you're 53.

• Umm IMHO you should embrace your natural "pale skin tone" as a white person. Since that's kinda how your skin is supposed to look "stereotypically speaking", right? And shid like I always say "if ___'s skin isn't pale... I don't want her 98% of the time" for some reason ^_^.

I don't know how to explain it, but I just love "pale-skinned" snow bunnies for some reason. Ya know if and when they're "right" aka looking their best. For example a "redhead, with some green/blue eyes + freckles = GODDAMN that's quite the sight to see" on a woman. And the same could be said for a blonde haired girl with some sexy as curls in her head etc ^_^.

Overall you should never hate the way that you were born onto this earth (race-features wise). Since even though you despise this or that about yourself. Since I can almost guarantee you that there are millions of MFs out here right now wishing that they had those very same "hated" features of yours.

Heck in some places those said features "coveted" + people would literally kill to have them if given the chance hahaahahah #JustSaying so yeah... there's nothing wrong with your skin tone its that way for a reason ^_^

i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text.gif

• Tan looks great now, but after years of it it will haunt the person. Once past the younger years, those who have always tanned have a drier, more wrinkly skin. Young and tan looks great, but that skin does not look hot later. On the other hand, light, pale skin can be beautiful, and down the road, it will still be beautiful.

And those burns, as well as all that deep tanning, increases by a large magnitude the chances for skin cancer. I know one woman with extremely light skin who did not protect it (I assume she was trying to tan) and she ended up with a lot of painful skin surgery to her face. She suffered during the healing and though the scars are almost invisible, they are still there, and she is even more susceptible to skin damage now that she has been through all that.

Don't try to be something that you are not. Accept and embrace you beautiful light skin.

• Okay everyone has something they are insecure about - The point is not to worry about it but to find the positive aspects of it - Research on net for teen fashion that suit pale skin and if your family allow it research makeup tips for pale skin - Best of luck whatever you decide to do.

• They make fun of you because you're special. And talking about your ''whole life'' is ironic when you're only 13 years old. Why do you want to tan? Why do you want to get rid of that rare beauty you got? Pale skinned girls with blonde hair and blue eyes are not only the most beautiful but also the rarest type of beauty. Don't you like to be special?
    As for the whole white hate thing you mention, it exists because the system wants it that way. It only happens in the western world. The system promotes race mixing by all means, exactly for that reason. To make you feel ugly and guilty for what you are and to encourage all others to make fun of rare people like you.

• There was a girl at my school who had ginger hair and her skin was as white as a lilly. When she had her black leotard on for gym, she looked amazing, I could never take my eyes off her legs and her arms. She truly was beautiful.
    Tanned skin is damaged skin and can lead to premature ageing and skin cancer. Stay out of the sun! Pale skin is NOT ugly, it is like marble or porcelain and fine bone china.
    All Greek and Roman classical sculptures are made in marble and if anyone thinks they are ugly they need their sanity testing.
    You are a living Greek sculpture, milky white and pale, but delicate and beautiful also. I would bet money that if I saw a photo of you, I would find you very beautiful indeed.

• Pale skini awesome!

• The funny thing is that some cultures (like Chinese and Korean) consider pale white skin to be beautiful.
    Do not let negative comments about factors which you cannot control naturally affect you. I had loads of pimples, still have some and the acne scars remain but I never let anyone try to make me feel low because of my bad skin texture.
    As for my opinion on pale skin, well... all white people generally look odd to me since I live in India and shades of brown skin colour is the norm.

• okay, i would say that you would look cute. i have known plenty of people with strawberyy blonde hair and they are all 'pale'. your skin is just more light than most other people. there is nothing wrong with that. people are just being assholes because their genes let them tan while yours don't, that's it, they are just being assholes

• @MissNowhere is pale but she's my pale girl 💖💕

• I actually love pale skin on women.

• Protip: Womens skin is on average more pale than that of men. While there is no certainty yet it is assumed that it used to be a biological way to make women more attractive towards men.

-> You are all good. Don't worry about being pale.

• Being pale is not attractive by any circumstances.

• Because pale skin is generally less attractive than tan. It also gives away that you are a couch potato and don't get much sun exposure.

Also, everybody can tan regardless of their paleness.

• Pale skin is just as sexy as tanned skin. People make light of differences for a variety of reasons but in this instance I'd say they're just making themselves feel better about their flaws. In the mean time maybe try reading different magazines.

• I love pale skin, i absolutely pick the fairest of them all.

• pale skin is just fine!! people will be rude no matter what, dont pay much attention to what they say

• my natural skin color is dark , , so i prefer something different , pale skin girl is hot to me

• u r 13 lol. its all good. a lot of things like that will get under your skin (no pun) but don't worry. i had a crush in high school and she was pale af. i did not care at all. tell them you are a vampire and you will suck their life at night when they sleepnig xD.

What Girls Said 14

• Pale skin can be beautiful. Don't take people's mindless comments to heart -- they're probably just trying to tease you, and are ignorantly unaware of how their words are affecting you.

Tan skin is not what makes a person beautiful. Beauty has more to do with facial features, and how you project yourself personality-wise. Learn to love and embrace your pale skin. Look up "pale skin women" in Google images, and notice how good-looking a lot of the people pictured are. You're perfectly normal the way you are.

• Pale skin can be just as beautiful as tan skin. Most cultures around the world I would say have a special appreciation for it. It is seen as dainty, elegant, upper class. It can be porcelain-like and have its own bright glow. Embrace your natural skin tone, especially since the sun is so harsh to it. Many, many people find it absolutely beautiful.

I personally have naturally light brown skin that tans very easily, and people of my culture are crazy about skin lightening. It's part of the society that lighter is better... people can be denied jobs or as a potential marriage partner based on darker skin alone. It goes too far.

It's okay to want skin to be a little lighter or darker, but extremes is just that... extreme. There's beauty to what you've got, just care about your actual skin's heath vs its tone. :)

• Sigh.. the age of 13... back when the smallest of things were the major issues.

It's ok, I'm pale too. I'm so pale people don't see me in the winter lol
    & when I self tan I look like a Mexican so I'm better off being pale lol.

Just embrace being pale, you're only 13. Jees, this is the least of your worries.
    People who make fun of you, that's all peer pressure that you need to rise above.
    It's so common to be tanned.. We can be pale together :D

• I think pale skin is beautiful, just like I think dark skin is beautiful. It truly depends on the person. I'm sure you're fine. I was shamed for being so dark skinned lol. Wasn't called ugly thought because I'm 'pretty for a dark skinned girl' (hate that but whatever)

• Anyone that starts a phrase with “(positive adjective) for a...” should have their lips stapled.

• @suki248 Totally agree lol, It's still an insult, people must not understand that

• Since I can't tan - I embrace the paleness and so should everyone who just doesn't have the time to conform to society's standards.
    WHo cares. You're different and beautiful. =)

• I think it can be lovely. There are many pale supermodels. People are going to judge but if you aren't comfortable in your own skin, literally, then you won't be able to have a fulfilling life. Don't let them hold you back. Just treat your skin with care to keep it healthy.

• I'm pale and yes people comment on it and sometimes rudely. Just like anyone else we can't help how pale we are! don't hate it- embrace it! :D being pale is beautiful. We can pull off light hair colors and our eyes are ten times as beautiful in sunlight. Our paleness shows our youth and can make us look younger then we are!

• I think there is a difference between pale skin and pasty skin. Pasty skin to me looks sickly and uneven and looks like the person is sick. Fair skin is what I consider pale. Maybe you should learn to embrace your skin color.

• im asien in japan White skin is considered beautiful and i agree i dont like Tanned people i dont mean i dont like some tan or a farmers tan i can't stand people who sit in the sun just so they can turn there skin brown

• That's funny, people give me crsp for being brown. Nobody is ever satisfied with their bodies

• Have you seen Game of Thrones or Izombie? Because those pale people are fricking beautiful.

• I like pale skin :)

• I AM DESPERATE FOR PALE SKIN (I'm Korean) 😂😂😂😂

• i like pale skin!