Have you ever noticed that people considerers as "hot" all have distinct jawlines?

When you search for "hot girls" or " hot guys" , you'll notice they all have distinct jawlines.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well ya, it's a quite well accepted fact that distinct jaw lines are more attractive in both genders. It's not something most people consciously pay attention to, but we do pick up on it. It implies a good testosterone balance, youth and strength.

When you see those insane plastic surgery transformation, redoing the jawline is almost always a major part of it. Asians are a good example because they rerley have defined jaw lines
    sociorocketnewsen.files.wordpress.com/.../ps-45.jpg
    sociorocketnewsen.files.wordpress.com/.../ps-3.jpg

• I guess a distinct jawline in both genders hints at a high sex hormone level , so either testosterone or estrogen

• @BackInGame ya but what exactly is too much? And what is too little? Because there IS a too little, if you don't have enough estrogen as a man you won't be attractive either, it's about the mix. And what is the right mix for optimal attractiveness and health is not an easy question to answer

• i'm clueless about mixture, but I know, when it boils down to attractive male face, all features are linked to testosterone. But tbh, I'm not interested that much about hormones, rather I can tell what facial features and proportions make face look attractive.

Most Helpful Guy

• Are you also surprised to find the sun has risen again every morning?

www.jwplasticsurgerychicago.com/.../Chin.png

• So, you're saying it's definitely as i think it is?

• Yup, indeed!

• her lower jaw was subhuman, but her midface is still subhuman. There is no support for eyes at all. lack of forward hrowth in that area. Her face seems to be longish, which indicated vertical growth. She's probably skeletal class II.

What Girls Said 5

• I think it's more like society, Western society at least, finds people with distinct and angular bone structure to be the beauty ideal. Which goes hand in hand with having distinct jawlines as well, though the jawline part would apply more to males than females. For females, having small, lolita-esque mouths is probably preferred much more.

• female super models all have distinct jawlines, just like Giselle Bundchen

• What about Doutzen Kroes?

• ok you're just supporting your theory now. As I've already said, yes people who are attractive often have strong features, jawline included. Not all people with strong jawlines are attractive though.

• well yeah it's one of the features of a 'hot' person according to society, however i dont think it applies to REAL people. i mean sure it's a sexy feature but is it mandatory for attractiveness? nope.

• No, I haven't noticed that. Also, everyone has different tastes, not everyone finds those "hot guys/girls" that show up on Google hot.
    Honestly, I don't even pay attention to jawlines.

• I don't have a distinct jaw line. 😕

• Well yeah, bone structure is important. Look at my jawline, no wonder I'm so irresistible

What Guys Said 6

• It's part of what makes people attractive but it's certainly not the defining feature that seals the deal, it helps though, jawlines have always been attractive to people to today's people and as far back as ancient times.

• No I never noticed that.

• I think it has to do with the angle of the jawline.

• I think it is more like their body and face, not specifically jawlines. Some girls that I think are hot have round baby face, but some are those that are skinny with only boned on their face. It all depends.

• when you search for "supermodels" , then you'll see they all have very distinct jawlines, men and women alike

• among all attractive faces, there are same and same tricks (features), where prominent (high) cheekbones and forward placed maxilla (upper jaw) are most common.

• for instance, take that Channing Tatum guy. He has everything. When you study facial structure, attractiveness and how one is perceived purely based on his looks, it's all so predictable and funny.

• low body fat+genetics+ they play sports or workout