Do you care what people think of your appearance?

Be honest.

I personally want to look cute in clothes, but for myself. If someone else doesn't like it, but I do, whatever. I'd pick the last: “I don't care what anyone thinks.” Accepting compliments on my clothes or possessions is a little hard because I feel like “I know it's nice. That's why I bought/wore it. Why are you acknowledging it, I didn't do it for you.” But I'm just as guilty of giving compliments, even when I'm exaggerating.

• I care what people think about my physical appearance
  • I care what people think of my face and/or body
  • I care what people think of my clothes/material possessions
  • I sometimes care what people think if my physical appearance
  • I sometimes care what people think about my face/body
  • I sometimes care what people think about my clothes/material possessions
  • I don't care what anyone thinks about my physical appearance.
Top Answers (as of 10/3/15):
Everyone - I care what people think about my physical appearance
Women - I care what people think about my physical appearance
Men - I don't care what anyone thinks about my physical appearance
Interesting gender disparity.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I have ideals of how i want to look (what i want to do with my hair, improvements i want to make on my body, what clothes i want to wear, etc.) regardless of what others think, so in a sense I do everything that relates to my appearance for me (my personal preferences), regardless of what others think or have to say about it; but of course I like to look put together when i go out in public and would be somewhat hurt if someone said something negative about me, but thats not why i do what i do and that wouldn't change my preferences for myself.

What Guys Said 12

• I care about all of it unfortunately, clothes and body I feel better with since I have some form of control over it. Face? I don't like it, I focus on what I personally see as one or two specific flaws which definitely makes me lose a lot of confidence. Even being complimented on those things don't make me feel different about it.

• I care about what 'I' think about my appearance. Answer may seem short but that's how it is for a fact :)

Vote 'G'

This is not about confidence or denial, I know what I am & how my countenance is while I also strongly believe in and evince in freedom of perception :)

• I think a concern for being presentable in public is necessary to consider yourself a refined person.

• I am same as you - All for me

• I only care what @MissNowhere thinks of it.

• no. i dress in whatever is comfortable which is usually shorts and flipflops, even if its raining and cold. I hate having to wear trousers, socks and shoes, it feels really uncomfortable to me.

• yes for sure, even though it doesn't really determine if someone likes you. I do wanna feel attractive/ out of the norm

• Yes I'm incredibly vain hahaha

• I never judge someone's appearance but do believe I been judge by many

• I really don't give a shit. People lie so I can't trust them to tell me if I look good or not.

• It totally depends on who I am around and I how I feel that day.

• Yes, I do care. Because I've tested my looks in various situations and can place a dollar-amount on the effects it has.

What Girls Said 9

• Well, if I've worked on my hair and make up all day and have picked out an outfit that suits my body very well, and I get discouraged, yeah that would suck.

I mostly don't care, especially not on a day to day basis. I look nice enough for myself, and I think I look like a good version of me 4 out of 5 school days. My boyfriend is miles away and loves me with a puffy morning face. So, I have reassurance and self esteem. I don't care what people think about me, at least not the negative.

• Considering I've spent most of my life having people call me ugly, I care a lot about what people think about my face. I care about my body too, I work hard to have a nice body to make up for my face. However, most people don't notice if I make an effort to look good because of my face. I wish I didn't care to be honest. I wish I'd get to the point where I hear someone call me ugly not care. You'd think I'd be used to it by now. It's been happening since I was 12. I'm not.

• I try not to care but sometimes that's easier said than done :/

• I couldn t care less what girls think and even guys.
    But sometimes when i go out to clubs and stuff i want to look attractive and sexy not sporty hipster.

• Sometimes I do, sometimes I do but I usually don't care

• Most of the time, I care a lot, but sometimes I just can't be bothered to care.

• Nah who has time for that

• I don't care what people think. I care about what I think.

• It's great that you feel that way when you're so young. Puberty kinda makes you care a lot during adolescence. I can't remember how much I cared at 15.

• To a degree. For my work, I dress a certain way so I appear professional. When I just hang out with my friends, it's more casual and laid back so I don't care as much.