Why do guys like blonde women so much?

Where ever I go, I see men checking out blonde women. Like today in the gym, there were three other women in the weight room. All young, all fit. All slim. Yet all the guys couldn't keep their eyes off the blonde, even though the brunette was squatting with 60 kilos which looked like more than her own bodyweight.
Through history too, men seem to like their blondes. 'Blondes have more fun,' all that. So what is it about them?

Most Helpful Guy

• Blondes are genetic rarities, especially in most non-Scandinavian countries in the world (i. e., most of them), so they're going to stand out as being unique and highly noticeable under any circumstances.

Beyond that, there is all of the "marketing" that has made the "California Blonde" into the "ideal woman" in the Western world (and to some degree worldwide). Blondes in ads provably sell more beer and burgers than brunettes, and as long as that's true, they'll keep casting blondes for their TV ads.

• Odd with the downvotes. There are additional explanations but Oracle's spot on.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's interesting how some unique or rare features are stereotypically considered beautiful, like blonde on a woman but other unique or rare features are stereotypically considered weird or unattractive like red hair on men. Makes me wonder sometimes. I think historically, blonde has been associated with femininity, delicacy, daintiness, sexually appealing, etc for whatever reason, and it's been perpetuated today because it sells and woos mates for historical and modern associations.

Maybe initially came about because 1) blonde is very commonly seen in children, and so it is associated with youth, innocence, purity 2) blonde people tend to be light skinned, so for the same reason most world cultures prefer light skin (upper class, not out in the sun like lower class, etc) 3) loved iconic famous blondes maybe popularized it.

What Guys Said 31

• I don't think guys like blondes better. That's been shown here at GaG many times with polls and questions. The majority of guys constantly say they like brunettes, and to a lesser degree, brown eyes.

The thing about blondes is that they catch the eye and stand out in a crowd. They are just more visible, especially from a distance. They draw the eye, but that doesn't mean guys like them better. If a large number of guys are checking out a blonde, it's because of something more than just being blonde.

Of course there are always exceptions with everything. There are certainly some guys who really like blondes, but not the majority.

• I personally prefer brunettes and redheads, for what it's worth. My guess is that since blondes are very uncommon in most ethnicities, they are more highly desired. I wonder if that same attraction to blondes holds true in Nordic countries where they are relatively common.

• Most men don't care about the color of your hair. I've never seen a guy not find an attractive girl attractive because they didn't have blonde hair. And if he did, I'd dismiss him as having the shittiest of shit tastes.

• Not true at all. I personally find blonde women to be below average; they're all pale, flat and most are stupid.

• Wow, not cool dude

• @RyanEC Don't hate me because i'm honest.

• @RyanEC but now that were having this conversation, wtf is wrong with your nose?

• Keep an eye out for white, blonde, possibly blue eyed women whenever you watch something on TV.
    That's why.

• I was thinking it had something to do with porn and how back in the day, the staple girl for a porn star was a blonde, white girl with big boobs. Maybe it's that too? lol

• Yeah possibly. It's usually like that nowadays too.

• Who cares you shouldn't be going to the gym to look for attention anyways. Media has pounded the message into a lot of people that being blonde is more desirable. But guys I don't think make that big of a deal about a girls hair color and if they do why would you want to date them if they didn't like the way you look?

• I'm not, I just noticed. I go to the gym to work out.

• Alright.. keep believing its because of the hair and not her body. Since blonde hair means anything to us right? Even if she's a 500 pounds monster, she's blond so she's hot to us right? Fuck.. sometimes... sometimes.. I dont understand women and how they think "YES! Men! Men think like that! Its because of the hair!"

• We love hot women. No matter the color.

• I can't speak for other guys but I don't place blondes any higher than any other hair colour - I try to take in whole picture not just one aspect of it.

• I'm a guy who doesn't care about hair color, eye color, or skin color. Colors don't matter to me lol

• I prefer brunettes and girls with black hair

• "... even though the brunette was squatting with 60 kilos..."

Yes, because us guys care how much a girl was squatting. We just care if her ass looks good. The blonde probably looked hotter.

• I personally thought the one with curly black hair and glasses looked better than all of them. The blonde had a weird body hahaha her quads were bigger than her butt.

• I dont think its so black and white, blondes are awsome but brunettes (Especially dark brown) are much more attractive to me even though i could be attracted to all hair colors.

• I like Blondes but I also like Asians, but pretty much all women can be absolutely beautiful , no matter the hair color, skin tone, race, ethnicity. etc

• that's because you haven't met me

• I really don't care how much you can squat, in fact I couldn't care less.
    I like all hair colors, though my preference is more towards redheads with fair skin.

• Probably because natural blond hair is rare, and it is glorified in the media.

• Blonde hair is a symbol of youth and beauty. I'm a blonde haired guy and as I've gotten older my hair has gotten darker. Plus, blonde hair radiates light a lot better than brunette hair. Brighter colors capture more attention than darker colors.

• I don't like blondes, I love redheads the most. Because red has been a mark of sexuality, passion and the forbidden.

• I don't. I prefer brunettes, looks less boring with some contrast to the skin. but if it's a beautiful woman then I don't care what hair colour she has. I don't think those men checking them out did it because they were blonde...

• It just magnetically draws our eyes.

• Blondes are boring and borderline crazy. Give me any other hair type and I'm happy. Give me a ginger girl and you'll never hear me complain again.

• I guess cause they are few real blondes, I really don't know I guess it's like how women like men with blonde hair. Blonde is pretty.

• Women as a whole tend to notice dark haired men more, while men tend to notice blondes more.

• I'm actually not as much of a fan of blonds as I am of brunettes.

• Society maaaaaan

• Their golden hair is aesthetically appealing.
    .

• Who says they do?

• Just my general observation.

• Not I. I don't DISLIKE them, but there's nothing special about being blonde. Many of them are not natural blondes anyway.

• Yeah I want one to have my child

• I never understand that too not sure what the big thing is about them

• The light color tends to attract the eye. But personally, I find the body to be much more important than hair color.

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 12

• I think the fact that blonde is a lighter color which draws the eye more

• It is all about catching someones attention. Red haired girls will also catch the attention of all the men in the room for the same reason. It is different, more rare. Pile all the dumb blonde stereotypes on there, that blondes are stupid, easy, party a lot, etc. and some men are more willing to give them their attention. Ps. I am a blonde, but I get no more attention from men than my friends. It seems the one who wears the lowest cut shirt paired with the smallest pair of shorts wins that one.

• I'm a natural blonde and most guys I've dated have said they love blondes. I honestly have no idea why. I'm attracted to dark hair on guys and I couldn't tell you the specific reason why. I just find dark hair on men very sexy lol. Everyone has their own preferences. As for the blonde at the gym she most likely had a nice ass. I doubt it was just her hair drawing attention. Also, blonde is everywhere. So many women dye their hair blonde now so we really can't seem to escape it.

• Maybe the "Blonde bombshell" thing.

• (laughing)
    Brunette right here who fully supports hair bleach and peoples right to use it :P

• regarding the gym scenario, the blonde probably just had a face and/or body that they found attractive. or maybe she had a special aura.

why assume it's about haircolour?

• If blondes were really favoured by most men, brunettes. would have died out through natural selection. Maybe the blonde girl was doing something that caught the guys' attention.

• Could have been, but I see it everywhere. Especially in my area. Doesn't bother me, being a light brunette myself but I'm just curious lol My sister went blonde for a little bit, but she changed it back because she got too much male attention and her boyfriend was getting jealous.

• @animeFreak Yeah plus races have only been somewhat mixed on the planet the last few hundred years and that's really only common in large cities in a few countries. The majority of the world is still very segregated. Natural selection is not measurable at this point.

• Even when it's recessive, if it's favoured for some reason it'll become widespread. There's sub saharn africa, asia and the aboriginals living in different continents where blonde hair is very uncommon... On the rest of the planet blondes are not a rarity from the middle east to Europe and the caucasus.
      I can't really say if all women prefer dark haired men. In countries where blondes are uncommon both men and women find fair individuals more attractive. In northern Europe where the majority of people have very light colored hair, brunettes are perceived as attractive.
      Besides healthy hair can be a sign of youth... Brown hair reflects the most light and appears shinier and therefore healthier. So basically brown haired individual might look more youthful based on the appearance of their hair.

• I've always wondered that. I'm fairly sure it's the stereotype of "Blondes" that guys like.
    Submissive, air-headed, slutty, etc.

• Speaking as a natural blonde, being blonde really isn't that great.

• Because they're more noticeable?

• Because guys like dumb girls? Lol

• oh hahaha, if you are going to make a blonde joke, at least make a good one.

• @xrabbitheartx did i ever say those guys who made the association were smart?

• No you didn't but you kinda made it sound like it's something most guys believe.

• Cause some guys see blondes as easy, well that's what I think anyway. I'm blonde 👸