Be Brutally Honest: Am I Hated?

hey guys,
I just realized that I basically don't any friends.
I'm usually never invited anywhere, I've officially never been asked out, and I don't have any friends beside the lovely old ladies I work with at the shelter. I'm 17 years old for God's sake!
It baffles me that nobody likes me. I'm a decent human being, I try to be caring one as well. I'm a good girl. Never done anything. I really like who I am, I'd want to BFFs with myself, but I can feel myself changing for others acceptance. Am I hated?
Thanks so much for reading! Please leave an opinion, if you'd like. Have a lovely day!

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• You must be intimidating them because you're gorgeous!

What Guys Said 15

• You like who you are and that is a good thing. Maybe that also means that you are not trying that hard to fit in and that's why making friends could be harder. Some people do anything to make friends and be popular and lose them self in the process.

I've always only had a handful of friends in my life. That's the way I like it. We have stayed friends for 25+ years. I think quality friends is better than quantity even though you may perhaps not feel as popular as if you had 20 friends calling and texting you 24/7.

I think a few genuine friends is much better and don't let the amount of friends you have define yourself or think that you are hated. Perhaps you are different, misunderstood or something else that makes it hard for some people to befriend you. That doesn't mean that there is something wrong with you.

• Okay lets break down your question - You are 17, young yet, maybe a bit shy, quiet so that is why it feels like sometimes you have no friends. You never have been asked out lots of people hit 17 and never been asked out. You have a lovely profile pic and from your description you are a warm, caring friendly person. You say you like yourself that is great but keep being yourself and have confidence in yourself, your time will come just be patient, you seem to have an awful lot going for you.

• As sad as it is... looks DO matter. Is that you in your profile picture? My comment would vary (when answering the actual questions) depending on the facts of your profile picture.

• I think you're probably not hated, just overlooked. Try to be more active socially, No doubt things will work out.

• Hmmm... first thing I think about is if you come off as a friendly person in terms of body language and facial expressions. Some people come off "bitchy" because their body language and facial expression come off saying "i dont want to socialize stay away from me"

• thanks i'm pretty bitchy to my mom tho

• do you think ur bitchiness towards ur mom is warranted... aka does she do things or not do things, that makes your bitching OK?

• no its more teenage rebellion/ hormonal crap. I've got it under control aye.

• All I know is that you should never change who you are for anyone. I have learned that and I am so much happier with myself. I promise things will turn around for you. Just keep your head up!

• um no you're my type of girl.

• No, I doubt that. Have you tried making friends yourself. Don't wait to be asked out, ask them out.
    Go over and say "Hi."
    Be proactive, if you wait for someone to come, you'll be as old as the ladies you work with.
    And if anything else, I like you and value you as a person.
    take care.

• Hmmm this used to happen to me and because I was annoying people woithout noticing after I got my adhd diagnosed it slowly started to change maybe you need to work on your social skills a but

• You're not asking for much I think you deserve all that you're asking for N Don't worry right things happens at right time... soon you'll find someone (like me) who understand you and will practice to give to everything you want:D!!!

• I don't know you, although you seem like someone who'd make a good friend. :)

• go out and talk to people randomly its easier cause you're a girl, trust me a lot harder for guys

• Why's it say 14 then?

• I accidentally entered the wrong year, plus it keeps older creepy men away.

• Can't take this seriously then. Can't trust a liar

• I am an ugly man and I am in the same boat as you, so it might just be that we come across as jerks. Look at your profile picture, then just imagine what I look like. Life is not fair, people are not fair, but maybe we seem unapproachable or even hostile. Just a thought.

• If nobody likes you and everybody hates you, then that is not your real profile picture.

What Girls Said 2

• If that's you in your profile pic I don't see why people wouldn't like you. I agree with you not wanting to change to be accepted by others though. I once had the same problem as you.

• looks never amounted to anything, though. At least, they shouldn't.

• That is true but in your case maybe people are jealous of you or intimidated by your looks. I doubt it's because everyone hates you. 😕

• if u dont have friends be my friend i would love to be ur friend