Is it about looks or personality?

Would you go to looks or personality?

Most Helpful Guy

• Both are very important, however I think I would prioritize personality over looks. That isn't to say looks don't matter but rather personality kind of works like makeup, that is it enhances the good features and mutes the negatives making the person more attractive. The inverse is also true with a bad personality.

Most Helpful Girl

• Beauty attracts the eye but personality captures the heart.

What Guys Said 17

• Looks get you through the door, personality is what gets you to stay.

I want someone I could lose time with and have fun with.

• Looks will always matter to people more. Because if they find someone unattractive, they wouldn't be interested in the person no matter how good his or her personality is but if the person is really good looking, people are almost always willing to give it a shot no matter how bad their personality is.

• I think it is all about a person's personality for me.

• I need a little bit of both, I'm still young so
    being 96% honest, looks do matter to me.

It's not that I WANT looks to matter, It's just that
    visual sex appeal that I need. ;P

In the end however, a lady who looks good can never triumph
    a good sense of humor with a side of cuteness.

• Looks is the first thing and after that to make it work moral values and personality

• You need both.

Having just one is insufficient.

• Mostly personality, but if she likes working out its a plus.

• Definitely personality.

• It's a bit of both. Looks draw you in, personality makes you want to stay.

• Neither. It's about what you can bring to the team during the upcoming zombie apocalypse

• Looks to make me come, personality to make me stay.

• It can be about both on top of that it , it can be more one or the other depending on the people.

• Personality with some cute looks. :)

• looks... i'm being honest

• Personality wins out in my book

• A little more about personality, on the deeper end. Generally, all about looks.

• deffo looks.

What Girls Said 11

• I need both.
    He has to be appealing to me physically and has to have the brain and personality too.

I am not asking for the perfect body or muscles or standard magazine pretty boy. I like a handsome man, with charme and style. Well put together and classy. If he has the personality to match, jackpot! But one without the other is not going to work for me.

so essentially, mi fiance :-D

• looks are the spark. personality is the fire. for me, id like both.

• it depends!.. some people are more into looks than personality and others are more into personality than looks... but generally speaking personality wins

• Both? I meant if the dude is ugly af I wouldn't be interested on getting to know his personality. Meh.

• I like guys who are super smarticle. ;D

• Id be lying if i said it's fully personality, but the looks of someone also adds to their amazing personality :)

• Looks draw u in at first but personality shines bright and makes u fall in love

• They matter the same amount to me.

• Well, I like a median between the two.

• Looks, primarily. But if the person is unbearably annoying or just not interesting at all, I wouldn't think twice before dumping his pathetic ass out of my life.

• Definitely personality on a long term basis. Personality overshadows looks anyday. A pretty person will be a piece of shit anyday if they were an asshole