Is my makeup routine too much?

So recently here on GAG I've seen a lot of hate on makeup and I began thinking about whether or not I put on too much makeup. So, give me your honest opinion, this is the makeup I wear on an everday basis:

A VERY LIGHT FOUNDATION, it's a BB cream that is the perfect color and matches really nicely on my skin, it's a very small difference from wearing it and not but I wear it because it evens out the color on my skin really nicely (don't get me wrong I don't have any extreme discoloration but it gives my face this really finished look.)

I also wear A NICE PINK BLUSH that makes my skin have a warmer tone (although I don't overdo it).

FOR EYELINER I USE A BROWN EYESHADOW (instead of an actual eyeliner) that is 2 shades darker than my skin color, and I only wear it on my bottom waterline, no one even thinks I wear eyeliner (btw I create a very thin line and blend it in with a cotton swab, I don't fill up all of my water line with the color like you're supposed to.)

I also wear 1 OR 2 COATS OF MASCARA

and I have RECENTLY STARTED FILLING IN MY EYEBROWS. No, I don't draw them on, I have a small fluffy brush and I use the brown eyeshadow I mentioned before to add just a bit of color but I don't like outline them and then heavily draw them in. My eyebrows are fine without the extra color because they have a really nice shape and are filled in well enough on their own that you can see a blatant end and finish but I add the extra color to make them stand out more than they usually do.

Oh and my profile pic is not an accurate representation of my everyday makeup rountine, that is a picture of my previous makeup routine. I might post a picture later of my current everyday makeup look.

Note: Many people have seen me without makeup and have said that it's a small difference from what I usually look like but I still like putting some makeup on so please no comments like "Don't wear makeup" just if you can, answer the question, thanks!

• YES that is too much makeup
  • NO that's an okay enough amount of makeup
  • Somewhere in the middle, it's less makeup than most girls wear, but it's still more makeup than is okay

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a lot of descriptive word language... but light foundation layer with blush, eyelids and eyebrows isn't a lot at all!

Most Helpful Girl

• I think people mean don't wear a huge amount of makeup like having your face caked with multiple layers of make up not dont wear make up at all. Yours is like natural make up look. Even if people think its a lot it shouldn't matter since its your face

What Guys Said 3

• I dont know, I didn't read all that

But just from seeing almost half a page for a descirption id quickly assume its too much 😬

• I was only explaining my choices but here is the rundown: A thin foundation, a light brown eyeliner on my bottom waterline (not on the top), mascara, blush, and a bit of color on my eyebrows (I don't draw them on by any means) it's just a slight bit of color.

• Well if you think according to my profile picture that that's an okay amount then you'll also agree my current everyday makeup look isn't too much makeup. I stopped doing my makeup like that (the way it is in my profile pic) a while ago and went more natural. I no longer use the dark eyeliners instead I do a light brown eye shadow on the bottom now and for some weird reason it looks better than when I put more makeup on.

• Awesome

Yes then id think your everday make up is perfectly fine then... keep rockin' it

P. s some girls look better without too much, thats what your probably noticing now, since your pretty i think, you dont want to hide too much of your natural face 😋

• I think it's ok.

• You lost me at foundation, honestly

• Yeah I know, I realize I made it much longer than I needed it to be, I was only explaining my options in case people were going to ask me why because it has happened before. But if you still want to give me your opinion, this is what makeup I wear on an everyday basis: A thin foundation, a light brown eyeliner on my bottom waterline (not on the top), mascara, blush, and a bit of color on my eyebrows (I don't draw them on by any means) it's just a slight bit of color.

• No, not in the length of the ask. You put it in paragraphs, which makes it digestable.

Where you lost me is when you covered your entire face with a baselayer, no matter how light, you'vecovered up your real skin and clogged your pores.

What Girls Said 7

• It doesn't sound like a lot, to be honest. It's hard to know without a picture but that's okay. As long as it's blended well, I guess, then it's fine. Some people wear makeup but don't blend well, or pick bad colors and then it seems like it's too much because it's noticeable.
    ~
    Have a good cleaning regimen though, that's an important part of putting on makeup IMHO. e_e;;

• No, I don't think it's too much. It sounds fine to me and it probably looks mostly natural.

• No that's a very normal amount of makeup, even if you did wear more then what you already do would still be accepted. Also with all the rave about how it's mainstream to wear barely any makeup is just a big fat bunch of bullshit, most girls lie when they say they aren't wearing any makeup, it's just natural looking. So I don't think you have anything to worry about at all.

• I don't wear any makeup, personally, but all of the girls at my school wear so much more than you and I know that because it is very distinct. But even if it's too much or too little, whether you have fun with it, it's good. ;)

• I don't see anything wrong with your make-up routine. It's what's makes you comfortable... if you want no make up, that is fine. If you want the full face make-up that takes 2 hours to apply, that's up to you. Same if you want something in between the extremes... if it makes you happy and/or comfortable, I don't see a problem.

• Damn I think I chose an MHO too soon, if I could change it to yours, I would.

• Oh no, it's quite alright! Thank you, though. :)

• That's almost nothing, you could put on a little extra for occasions. If you like a natural look than you're doing perfect!

• Don't worry. Most guys say they don't like makeup but they don't know the difference.