Do I look really fat when I sit down?

my oldersister said i look obese. but im actually underweight
do i look really fat when i sit down?
vs. me standing up

• no, everyone looks fatter sitting down
  • yeah, you look fat sitting down
  • other

Most Helpful Girl

• You're kind of hunched over. Sit with your back straight and your skin/fat won't gather like that around your waist. I'm underweight, so much so that my ribs show, but if I sit with a bad posture then I look fat too. If I straighten my back, I look normal.

• yeah but an in shape person still wouldn't have that big crease across his stomach.

• @Jaggerman I'm in shape and I still get a crease like that. Skin and fat is not like plastic, it's not always perfectly smooth no matter how you bend. Even if you have very little fat on your body, if you hunch over you're going to look a bit like that. In the picture where he stands up, he looks normal. No fat rolls or anything.

Most Helpful Guy

• You are what they call skinny fat; if you tone up, you'll be fine

What Girls Said 3

• Everyone looks fatter sitting down. But I would also say that you're what society calls "skinny fat." Small in physical shape but if you took your body fat percentage it'd be in the upper end of normal to the low end of overweight.

That is, I bet you'd be 24-30% body fat.

• When you sit down you are slouching so you are making your body shorter so the fat is being pushed outwards and creating rolls of fat just keep your back straight. You aren't fat.

• other. you just are a little fat... sorry.

What Guys Said 5

• Everyone looks fatter sitting down - I think a bit of toning on your stomach will do you the world of good.

• its not that you look fat when you're sitting, it's that you are fat always.

• you just have a lot of belly/oblique fat compared to the rest of you

• you are fat periiod

• you have no muscle mass. what do you do all day? sleep?