Is natural daylight the most accurate form of lighting for how you actually look?

when i take the mirror outside i always look much better, is natural daylight the most accurate form of lighting? is this what i actually look like?

Most Helpful Girl

• You actually look like what you look like in any lighting because that's where anyone will see you. All of life doesn't take place in one area with the light at one angle.

If you are taking pictures or scanning yourself for color samples, I suggest the bathroom or by a window.

Most Helpful Guy

• How you "actually look" depends on the lighting. It will still be how you "actually look" even in different lighting when you appear a little different. The best way to jusge makeup and all is to go for the best look you can in whatever kind of lighting you will mostly be seen in. In other words, even though you may look better in outdoor light, if you are going to spend most of the day indoors in an office, you should dress and makeup in that kind of lighting, because that is how people will see you all day.

What Girls Said 6

• There is a trend among wealthy people to have natural sunlight in the walk in closet/dressing room of their mansion/penthouse, so I say yes, it must be the best way to view yourself.

• Yes I would think so

• I believe so.

• I look very good in natural sunlight so yes I think when we see ourselves in the sun it is how we actually look.

• It's what you actually look like under natural daylight.

• Natural lighting is like a natural lightbulb with natural lighting

What Guys Said 13

• Natural anything is better.

I know a few people that when inside under lights look great, but get them outside under sunlight and you see things that you don't inside.

I was dating a woman that I never realised was wearing make up as it looked so natural under artoffical light, the first time we met outdoors in daylight and it was blearingly ovious that she was all make up.

• Color balance, color rendering index, and many other topics have been the matter of serious study and engineering for many years. Google to see some of the details.

The simple answer is yes. Since mammalian - primate - human eyes evolved with the only available light source being the sun, our eyes are greatly optimized for seeing with that exact balance of wavelengths. Though some artificial light sources are excellent, they tend to be very expensive, most LEDs, florescents, incandescents and whatnot provide light that is markedly different from the sun, and therefore not what our eyes are evolved to use.

• Yes, Natural daylight is considered to be the most accurate form of lighting. emitting a full even spectrum of light.

• I don't know but it's possible. We are supposed to look best in natural sunlight based on evolution I think. That's just my thought.

• I'm not sure, but I look the best at night with lights on.

• not really. it depends on the angle and the lighting too. like if you look at a studio in filming, they usually get the lighting perfect. so you can manipulate the lighting angles. also, it depends on how bright the sun is as well and where you are and what time of day as well.

• That's what you look like outside.

• Natural daylight is probably the best form of lighting I think.

• One time I woke up, went to the bathroom and saw myself in the mirror, almost scaring myself but forgetting how sexy I looked.

• Yes I would believe it is seeing as that isn't man-made light being reflected. A mirror might also distraught the image anyway as it isn't a true reflection of yourself anyway :)

• It does feel that way doesn't it? Insightful question, thank you Conflustered.

• haha i just think i look different in very mirror and lighting has a hugh part to play in this, but when its sunny outside i look really good in mirrors haha, im not vain i was just curouis.

• That's really just a matter of opinion. My opinion is everyone looks better under natural light.

• Natural daylight is what you look like when you're outside. If you're inside a lot, try looking at yourself in those lights to see what you look like