Do you think light coloured contact lenses would look weird on a half japanese girl?

I'm planning on buying some light coloured contact lenses (either turquoise or this honey-green colour). I love my eye colour but I want to experiment with how I look once in a while and to take pictures and stuff. My natural hair is light-medium brown and my skin is a bit tanned at the moment. The only thing is that I'm half japanese, half latina, so do you think it'd look alright? The lenses I'm looking at are solotica and they seem super natural, but I just don't know if they would suit me.

Most Helpful Guy

• I had a huge crush on a Vietnamese girl. But the first time I talked to her face to face she had just started wearing blue colored contacts. Creeped me out and totally killed my attraction to her. I find eyes incredibly beautiful so I pay a lot of attention to them and colored contacts feel like someone plucked those fake eyeballs out of a doll and shoved them in their eye sockets. I can't even look girls with colored contacts in the eyes properly. But I'm probably more focused on eyes than the average person.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes they would look weird but not because of your ethnicity. Colored lenses look fake no matter who they're on unless you get the specially made ones, designed to look extremely natural and those can get pretty expensive (I'm talking $500 bucks). More than likely the ones you'll get are obviously going to be fake and anything that's unnatural looking is weird.

What Guys Said 1

• I don't mind them on any girl - They are just a bit of fun for a girl to wear.

What Girls Said 4

• Just try them on first and see for yourself. You can judge better than we can, since we can't even see how you actually look like.

• I've always thought colored lenses look stupid, unless you're cosplaying. So if you plan on using them casually, I'd personally advise you not to. They often look really obvious and fake. Not a good thing.

• Go with which ever colour you want. I bet you'd look great with any of them.

• If you must wear tacky colored contacts, don't get anything in the blue or grey family, especially if you are tanned and/or have yellow undertone. It will look tacky and jarring af.
    Brown, green, and hazel are your friends.