How can I stop being shallow about my nose?

When I was a kid (around 13 years old) my mom always use to tease how my nose looks "flat" like east Asians. Even though I am a caucassian with a normal nose. When I was watching this video on plastic surgery the topic suddenly went to how koreans have nose job on their flat noses as they think it looks wider and flatter. Ever since watching that video, whenever I look at the mirror I always focus on my nose. When I told my problem to my mom, she laughed hard and said she doesn[t recall it and might have probably said it because when I was a kid and now my nose looks perfectly normal. But this inccident has developed me complexity about my nose to the point I felt like having plastic surgery.

Most Helpful Guy

• You're not alone, I'm shallow about my nose too I don't like it at all lol. But it's your nose no one else's so why should you care. If it's how you're built you should stay as you are :) Not trying to persuade you out of surgery, but if you're really not happy do what you feel is best :)

• Tbvh, I don't like plastic surgery. The thought of it scares me as I am more for natural beauty. But thanks for your response, it did helped me a bit. Only my mom use to tease me about it and no one till now has said anything about my nose so yeah I will neve do it ! :)

• Yes neither do I, and once you get it done you can never go back with plastic surgery. And natural beauty is definitely the best xD. if you want you could send me a picture of your nose? just PM, only if you want.

What Guys Said 4

• I just love my nose so much Its the best and People have punched me in the nose a lot I never broke it and I dont bleed and Its still the best nose in the world I just love my nose. I have to see your nose to tell you my veiws on it all

• Lol it's good to know someone likes their nose so much xD yeah even I never faced any sort of nose bleeding or broke it in somehow. I can't show you my nose at the moment as I am not at my home but the closest it looks to is that of Emma Watson, also Ian Somherhalder althoght mine is little long like 1cm than his.

• Oh okay you're quite good looking yourself, any girl would say that so you don't need complimentd from me xD

• I appreciate that a lot trust me and I thank you

• Well your nose is a core facial feature, learn to accept it and try to see it as a beauty.

• I don't think you are being shallow. I think you just took to heart what your mother said. I would look at a lot of noses (I am being serious) maybe pictures on the Internet of real people - and see what a diversity we have. Also consider that people with noses that we may consider unusual can be very attractive. Hopefully that will help you put it in perspective.

• Could we see it?

• sadly it's not possible at the moment :/

• Okay, your nose is cute and perfect (:

😘

What Girls Said 0