Is weight more noticeable on short girls?

I'm 5'1 120 lbs, bmi is in the healthy range but its creeping up to overweight. I know weight is more noticeable on short girls compared to tall, so I wonder if my chubbiness is very noticeable and thereby unattractive. Help me realm of anonymous internet users!

Most Helpful Guy

• Now that you mention it... yeah, shorter girls do appear 'fatter' than they actually are sometimes. But as long as your are healthy and not 'noticeably' overweight, it shouldn't be a problem. And BMI is a really BAD way of measuring how fat a person is. You should go by body fat percentage.

• This is true, it's impossible to tell how much people notice though and my own idea of how I look changes constantly. The answer is probably: "maybe" and "whatever"

Fair answer though

• Thanks for MHO!
      And cheer up! I'm pretty sure you aren't fat. Most of us tend to be way too harsh about our own looks.

What Guys Said 8

• Don't worry too much about it unless you begin to look like a butterball. I dated a girl like you but who was 140 pounds. The weight wasn't an issue, but she did give herself breast reduction surgery before I met her, so her boobs were not ideal - both small, insensitive, and she could not nurse - but the deal-breaker was her personality. She wasn't bitchy, but we weren't a good fit. Still, her shape didn't bother me greatly. She did blow-up by the way...

• I think it is since there is less that needs to be seen or looked at in order to identify the weight.

• Well, technically, yes. I mean, if you're taller, you gain some weight. Obviously, a short girl who weighs 120 lbs is either more muscular or fat than a tall girl who weighs 120 lbs.

• Yes it is

,,,

• Yes. From a purely mathematical stance, it comes down to pounds per inch. 120 pounds on 5'4" is distributed differently than 120 pounds on 5'10".

• Sure the distribution of 120 on a taller person would be thinner, but say two women of the same bmi. I get that it's a bit harder to draw up examples from real life for because no one usually knows each other's bmi.

So an average to chubby short girl vs a proportionally similar average to chubby tall girl. Is there a difference in how noticeable the weight is?

• well yeah that's scienece

• Weight is definitely more noticeable on short girls, but so are really great curves! So if you get into shape your body can look AMAZING! Nothing better than a petite girl with a fit frame and curves in the right places!

• And short men too

• I understand the pain

• It's called "stocky". it's not good to be "stocky"

What Girls Said 1

• As a tall girl (5'9") I weigh about 140. It is definitely easier for me to hide an extra 10 pounds than a shorter girl, maybe because there is more area to distribute it?