Is weight more noticeable on short girls?

I'm 5'1 120 lbs, bmi is in the healthy range but its creeping up to overweight. I know weight is more noticeable on short girls compared to tall, so I wonder if my chubbiness is very noticeable and thereby unattractive. Help me realm of anonymous internet users!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Now that you mention it... yeah, shorter girls do appear 'fatter' than they actually are sometimes. But as long as your are healthy and not 'noticeably' overweight, it shouldn't be a problem. And BMI is a really BAD way of measuring how fat a person is. You should go by body fat percentage.

0|0
    0|0
    • This is true, it's impossible to tell how much people notice though and my own idea of how I look changes constantly. The answer is probably: "maybe" and "whatever"

Fair answer though

• Thanks for MHO!
      And cheer up! I'm pretty sure you aren't fat. Most of us tend to be way too harsh about our own looks.

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Don't worry too much about it unless you begin to look like a butterball. I dated a girl like you but who was 140 pounds. The weight wasn't an issue, but she did give herself breast reduction surgery before I met her, so her boobs were not ideal - both small, insensitive, and she could not nurse - but the deal-breaker was her personality. She wasn't bitchy, but we weren't a good fit. Still, her shape didn't bother me greatly. She did blow-up by the way...

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it is since there is less that needs to be seen or looked at in order to identify the weight.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, technically, yes. I mean, if you're taller, you gain some weight. Obviously, a short girl who weighs 120 lbs is either more muscular or fat than a tall girl who weighs 120 lbs.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it is

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. From a purely mathematical stance, it comes down to pounds per inch. 120 pounds on 5'4" is distributed differently than 120 pounds on 5'10".

0|0
    0|0
    • Sure the distribution of 120 on a taller person would be thinner, but say two women of the same bmi. I get that it's a bit harder to draw up examples from real life for because no one usually knows each other's bmi.

So an average to chubby short girl vs a proportionally similar average to chubby tall girl. Is there a difference in how noticeable the weight is?

• well yeah that's scienece

0|0
    0|0
  • Weight is definitely more noticeable on short girls, but so are really great curves! So if you get into shape your body can look AMAZING! Nothing better than a petite girl with a fit frame and curves in the right places!

0|0
    0|0
  • And short men too

0|0
    0|0
    • I understand the pain

• It's called "stocky". it's not good to be "stocky"

What Girls Said 1

• As a tall girl (5'9") I weigh about 140. It is definitely easier for me to hide an extra 10 pounds than a shorter girl, maybe because there is more area to distribute it?

0|0
    0|0