I'm worried my boyfriend will become less attracted to me if I lose weight and get fit?

My boyfriend's "type" is curvy, heavy women. Both of his ex girlfriends before me were over 300 pounds. When we met, I was 195 and he told me I am the smallest girl he has ever dated.

He absolutely loves my body, he's all over me all the time and gets so turned on by me.

I am unhappy with my body. I want to lose more weight and tone up my stomach and thighs. I am worried that if I lose more weight and tone up he will be less attracted to me because I won't be big anymore.

Most Helpful Guy

• At the end of the day you have to look out for yourself. Going through life as a 200+ lb woman would not be very fulfilling, easy, or fun. Then you have to consider the long term effects i. e; diabetes, cholesterol, heart attacks, and the list goes on. I can understand where your boyfriend is coming from and while I am not attracted to heavy women I AM generally attracted to thick women and wouldn't want a thick gal to lose weight etc. That being said, anyone who opposes your desire of becoming a healthier version of yourself, is not good for you at all AND may not even truly love you. At the end of the day, you want to be with someone who has agape love for you. Agape love is a perfect love despite circumstances so, someone who loves you no matter what. Through thick and thin, both figuratively and literally...

Hope this has helped you...

Most Helpful Girl

• I have seen this on my 600 pound life, those kind of men, I'll never understand them. How in the world can somebody have sexual attraction towards a person 600+? Absolutely vomit inducing.

• 600 lbs? damn

• @BertMacklinFBI lol no, I couldn't get to 600 pound even if I forced myself to eat till I exploded.

• He would make fun of her*

What Guys Said 10

• do it for you, not your boyfriend. if he doesn't accept that then do you really want to stay with him?

• Screw your boyfriend, Get the body you want, Become happy with your body, be fit. Everything else and all other opinions are secondary priority.

• It's most important for YOU to be happy with your look. You should NOT make yourself unhappy only to make someone else happy. If that someone (your boyfriend) cannot accept the body you feel happiest in then you should not be his girlfriend.

• You must do what is best for your health.

• Look, if he really likes you he won't judge you by how you look, and even less if you want to be healthier and fitter😄dont worry about it👍

• If a change in your body would make him leave you than he doesn't really love you any way. Your looks and size should not be the cause that. If it does then he was only with you for your body and not for the reasons he should be with you.

• Being attracted to overweight women is arguably a disorder. Do what makes you happy and respect your health

• Yes, he probably will loose interest in you.

But, it's about health, so he looses importance.

• First and foremost, you need to do what makes sense for you. You don't want to stay at an unhealthy weight just to keep your boyfriend happy.

• If he leaves you for that reason, then isn't he a shallow person. Who wants to be with a shallow person?

What Girls Said 7

• If that happens then you will know he only wanted you for your rolls of fat. That's pretty shallow if you ask me.

You're not going to do what's best for you in the long run because you're worried you won't be fuckable to him? C'mon deep down you already know the answer. Go out there and reach your goals. Don't let stupid guyd bring you down

• Do what makes YOU feel better about yourself, and if he really loves you he will love you skinny fat or chubby. It's no fair you are uncomfortable with your body, so you go girl

• well it all comes down to what you really want. If you really want to be healthy then be healthy. if your boyfriend doesn't find you attractive then he wasn't the right boyfriend. if a man can still be in love with a young girl who gets fatter when she gets older, then a man who truly loves you for you will do the same if the opposite were to happen. but again, its up to what is most important to you. getting fit? or having a loving boyfriend?

• You should do it for yourself not for others. If he really does love you he would still love be you if your skinny oR not.

• Your happiness with your body and your health is far more important

• he should support you through that and you might even gain weight as you add muscle

• You have to do what makes you happy. If you really want to be healthy, your boyfriend shouldn't stop you from working on getting fit.