Upset and feeling down about turning 22 I feel so old anyone feel like this?

Im so upset I turn 22 next month I don't understand were the times went doesn't seem that long since I left school. I feel like am too old now to run about in mini dresses and heels and go clubbing and get stupid drunk and now I feel like everyone expects me too be so grown up and responsible and I feel like no one going to look out for me any more and will just expect me to have everything figured out but I don't. I feel like am still figuring out what I want to do in life and be and haven't accomplished anything. Maybe am just immature but I just want to party and have fun and feel like now I should be starting to settle down am I crazy?

Most Helpful Guy

• This is surprisingly common for a girl your age. You sound like you miss that safety net mom and dad provided while you were attending school. The time has come for you to transition into adulthood and accept more responsibilities. I know it sounds like it is no fun but it is a necessary step we all must take or face the consequences. Maybe what you need is help seeking accountability in the form of a sponsor. This is someone who believes in you enough to bail you out of jams while providing you with consequences until you find your feet. You know? Kind of what it was like at home in some ways. It is not an easy thing to find but it really works for some. Other than that, you're just gonna have to face life's consequences head on. I wish you the best in your journey.

Most Helpful Girl

• Huh, well I don't feel that way at all. 22 is still quite young! And besides all that, I feel like I'm starting a new chapter in my life that's going to be really good. High school and undergrad's over, I finally have a "real" job that pays well, I have more free time than college, no major commitments like marriage, kids, or a mortgage, I can travel, I can still party and do fun things on the weekends, my dress and heel collection's never been better lol (since I can actually afford shit), I'm taking care of my own bills and have some independence, there's a lot I can save, no trouble with my love life, etc.

Sure, there are more responsibilities now, but that's what happens as you gain more freedom. I think it's a fair price to pay. The thing is you need to have balance and keep your priorities straight. What you plan to do with your life comes first - school, work, living situation, savings, etc. That's how you'll support and provide for yourself (and perhaps a future family?), and for me work and school is/was something I enjoy. It's also important to maintain good relationships, with family, friends, boyfriends, and other loved ones. Your health is incredibly important as well.

After those sorts of top priority things, that's where partying and having fun should be. If everything else in life is mostly on point, then feel free to relax and have some fun. Just don't do it the other way around. Fun never comes first.

What Guys Said 11

• "I feel like am too old now to run about in mini dresses and heels and go clubbing and get stupid drunk"

Yes you're too old for that shit. Now's the time to start figuring out where you want to go with life because the years only go by quicker now. Before you know it you'll be pushing 30 with no clue what you want and will wish you were 22 again.

• Um thanks u made me feel lots better 😭😭

• It's just the realities of life. You can either bemoan it or accept it.

• You make me sound like I'm crazy too :( I don't want to be independent too early. In a few months I'll be going to another country to get my bachelors degree for which I'll have to study and work on my own and get shit done. Shit my days of fun seems to end. Shit you just made me come to reality.

• You are only as much old as you think. Nowadays it's completely normal to do what you said you couldn't do in even your 30s and 40s. The new 20s in the 30s and 40s. Instead of thinking like your too old for doing what you want, it wiuld be better if you get rid of such thoughts and rather focus on enjoying what you wanna do. You're never too old for anything. And honestly, 22 is way too young for having such thoughts. So get out there and shine like you want😃

• LMAO I'M 53.

I'll trade problems with you! LMAO

• Come on, lol, you have to admit that you sat back and thought about your age the day you turned 25. I know I did.

"Man, I'm a quarter century old, now. How am I still alive?"

• @farscryer0 You busted me! You are correct!!

• But look at it this way... you have control over your own life now and you don't need your parent's permission for things anymore.

Honestly - I had a great childhood but I would NEVER want to go back to it. Things are scary for you at first when you "grow up" but you'll learn the hang of it. But you will always have the feeling that time is slipping away... and it will accelerate as you get older. It's life tho.

• I felt the same way when I turned 22, now I'm dreading 23 :(

• I feel down for other reasons but your being silly, your so young

• I turned 18 a few months ago and I feel the same as you. I don't want my teen years to end and I don't want to become an adult and have responsibilities. I wish I could be young and have fun forever

• You seem to me very clever tbh. Im 24 and i think i haven't Done anything, im still Student.. .
    I think i must graduate, Find a good job, collect some money, get married, and take care Of my woman and kids, i hope so xD

• I am 23 and I feel great. Good friends, I still go out while at same time I am responsible person. You can have both.
    Of course u will have less parties then before but with time u will get bored of it.

• Try 24 ...

• Dude if you're upset about being 22 and "old" then, I'm ancient. I'm 26. Imagine how you're making me feel

• Yes but u prob have things figured out I'm just starting a degree doing online classes the last 3 years I have dropped out of collge twice and tried an apprenticeship but dropped that too. and all my friends have degrees and good jobs

• I have 4 classes to finish to get my degree, that's all I have in my life right now, jobless, no girlfriend, still living at home. Yeah, I don't have a life

What Girls Said 3

• Yes I do... but everyone got get old anyway... embrace it! Hell dress like whatever you like... just own it!

• Your feelings are normal. I'm sure your family will help you and support you to gradually supporting yourself.
    You can wear what you want until maybe 25. Like, I really want this i.ysi.bz/.../...-girl-detachable-L_p0046452958.jpg but I'm almost 25 so I'd choose this instead http://x.ysi.bz/124/0015886124.jpg

• No, I don't feel that way. Some people age gracefully... successful, beautiful women in their 30s are what I aspire to be. They are confident, have experiences but don't let certain things get to them. I hope I can be like that as I age, I am looking forward to it.

If you like to have fun, you can do that at any age I suppose. Why stop what you enjoy doing? Granted, things in moderation is best.