Girls, What do you think when you see aguy with a lot of acne?

I was just wondering because I get a lot of acne and it just ruins my confidence when I talk to people and I get to shy and nervous to talk to girls because of it. I feel like they're judging me or thinking that I have bad hygene and stuff. I take a shower daily, I workout, I tried acne medication but it doesn't help, I was my face several times a day. But I feel like people think it's my fault, even though it isn't...

6

Most Helpful Girl

• It has never bothered me. I struggled with it too for a really long time, and I know how hard it is to deal with. It doesn't really make anyone less attractive to me.

Have you tried the products from acne. org? Their three step treatment cleared me up completely in about 6 weeks, and the website is very helpful and informative. It is a bit pricey if you get the full kit, but it's worth it until your skin adjusts and you can switch out the cleanser and lotion for stuff you can get cheap at the grocery store.

I completely understand what you're going through. There were days when I was feeling depressed just because my face was covered in angry red marks. But, as I said, it has never bothered me in other people, and I've been attracted to people who had bad acne because they were awesome, genuine people.

• I've tried tons of cleansers, toners, creams everything, the bnzoyl peroxide one the sylidic acid or whatever it's called, they'll work about 2 or 3 weeks then my acne returns almost as if becoming ammune, not only that but it's causing my hair to fall out. The things that have helped me the most are home remedies like raw honey, oats, and baking soda but it only help a little.

• If it's that severe, you might need to see a dermatologist. There are oral medications that can help with acne, just be sure to look at side effects and if it seems worth it to you.

What Girls Said 5

• I have acne, but as a woman, I can easily cover it up with make-up so I feel its a bit unfair to judge guys, who can't really do the same. I mean, "they can," but you know, "can't." I had a guy friend with, I think they call it polycystic acne which is like acne on steroids. He had a similar story as you. Frequently washed his face, tried medications, etc. I have to admit, some days it was really horrific, the scars, the marks, the amount of it like looking at someone with the measles. I know this hurt his self confidence some, but at least with most people, he acted as if it were no big deal. He appeared to others as super confident, like you never saw him sweat, and I think it really worked in his favor, because he's now been in a relationship for going on 6 years now. He really taught me something about acceptance and not judging people.

• I literally barely notice acne on a guy... Well I might notice, but it's more of like, oh he has acne... Moving on, its kinda like a freckle doesn't bother me at all! I just see a face and eyes and mouth usually stand out. As for the hygiene thing... Never have I thought that acne was because of bad hygiene, as long as you don't smell bad, I would never think that!

• You should go to a dermatologist.

• If his face looks nice to me I wouldn't mind the acne.

• it's not just a little, It's a lot I have a lot of red acne scars and sometimes the pimples get swollen, I know a couple woudn't be that bad but I have quite a bit.

• Still wouldn't be bothering me.

• I don't really think about it when I see random guys... but when my boyfriend has it I get the urge to pop it. Its gross but I can't help it.