Are braces on a teenage girl unattractive?

I got my braces yesterday, I'm 14 years old, and I don't know how I'm supposed to feel about them. I mean, when you want to picture an ugly face on your mind, most people wilI l put big ass glasses and braces. And I have both of those. :P
I have a pretty face and my mouth is kinda like Acacia Brinley's (when she had braces) but with stlightly bigger lips. Would you consider to date a girl with braces? Is it one of the first things you notice in someone's face? Is it a turn off? :/

• Yes, I consider them kind of unattractive.
    29% (4)7% (2)14% (6)Vote
  • No, doesn't make a big difference.
    36% (5)71% (20)60% (25)Vote
  • Depends on the person's overall looks.
    35% (5)22% (6)26% (11)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
1|12

Most Helpful Girl

• Seriously, braces are a blessing in disguise. I've had 2 removable sets to rearrange my jaw and 1 set of fixed "train tracks". I've also had them for 5 years- still counting. I've had some serious mouth problems. I can tell you from vast personal experience people aren't bothered by braces, or glasses, of which I have both. People tell me how pretty I am, much more now (with braces) than before...
    No, braces don't make you ugly. Braces are normal, and so common now nobody cares! Don't worry about it, they're a waiting game...

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 12

• At 14 years old, you're still at the beginning of puberty. There might be people who make fun of you, but by the time you reach 17/18, you'll be beautiful... not that you already are lol

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't find braces unattractive. Plus, I've seen a few beautiful girls in my middle and high school years who got braces at one point and I did not think of the girls to be any worst.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol I don't know but I have seen so many cute girls with braces tbh on here and out in the real world

0|0
    0|0
  • Braces are a necessary evil.

0|0
    0|0
  • Naw I dated girls with braces in middle school

0|0
    0|0
  • I think they do make unattractive when they laughs. Avoid laughing and start smiling :) if you are using braces.

0|0
    0|0
  • braces can look cute... you shouldn't worry about that ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • having braces and glasses doesn't make you unattractive at all,

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope but they will go off eventually

0|0
    0|0
  • To Me it doesn't matter 😊

0|0
    0|0
  • I think girls with braces look cute

0|0
    0|0
  • I love braces :) if you had glasses you could be my dream girl ;)

1|0
    0|0
    • I have some "nerdy" ones that I wear more and more often but I get what you mean. I like this type of style a lot too. :)

• Stay beautiful ;)

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!