Does anyone use a straight razor?

I expect older G@Gers to be familiar with this method of shaving.

• straight razor user
  • Gillete and other methods user
  • I`m a hobo and dont shave
  • Girls

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I use a safety razor from Merkur and swear by it. Though Once I have enough spare money, I do want to get myself a straight razor. A good one though and they're not cheap. It's like 500$ for a good one. It can last many generations though and if you know how, you can sharpen it yourself and your shaving costs you almost nothing after the initial investment.

My current razor cost me around 45$ and got a box of 100 razor blades for 15$. one blade can last me 2-3 weeks (I make them last). Which means a box of 100 can last me 2 or 3 years. With a gilette, it's like 30$ for 5 cartridges that lasts you maybe 2 months? There is a big difference in cost and to be honest, the safety razor shaves much better than those 5 blades pieces of shit.

• it adds up in the long run and once you master how to use one the results will be better than conventional razors

• It was certainly something to go from my trusty electric razor to the safety razor. The first time, I looked like a muslim goat on a holiday. By the third time, I didn't need transfusions anymore.

What Girls Said 4

• Venus Gillette razor for me!

• No, I don't shave my legs. I wax them, shaving leaves pointy hairs.

• My brother uses a straight razor for his head 😮😮😮

• Never seen anyone use it on top of the head, but whatever works for him

• I think one of my uncles used to use that.

What Guys Said 7

• I am on "older G@Ger" and though I am certainly familiar with what they are, I have never used one. Barbers have used them on me on the back of my neck, but for shaving I use an electric shaver, which you missed in your choices, and in the past have used safety razors (choice B).

But usually the only place I ever see them is on old western movies.

• I think they are novel plus they last long, electric shavers option is in B

• "straight razor user" Even tho I've only using them for 1 months ^_^ i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text.gif

• Only for shape ups or for shaping the beard bro. Usually let the barber handle that near the neck cause without glasses my vision sucks and at that angle half my sight is outside my glasses.

I'm very insistent when I get a cut that the barber use that, I've walked out of places and never set foot again the moment they said they don't use that for the shape. That was a hard time, after my barber closed. Luckily found a great barber since so no issues.

• a straight razor needs hands that knows how to use them

• I rely too much on my eyesight near my beard. If it's just a shape up then no problem I can do that without even really needing to see, the beard is different especially as the neck is not something I wanna slit with that lol

• I shave with an electrical razor that has two bladed parts. One with three small spinning blades, and another that can be folded out that has a straight line blade that vibrates left and right.

• I shave with them they are the BEST and if u grow ur beard it becomes clean and we'll groomed

• 0|0
  • There is a reason most men only started shaving regularly after the invention of the safety razor.