Guys, do you like tall girls?

Well I'm 5'11 and mostly growing up I used to tower over all the boys and feel awkward. Now Im 17 and some guys have grown taller than me, however there are some that are shorter or my height. Do guys like when a girl is their height, or shorter, or maybe even taller? Does it have to do with masculinity and wanting to be the superior one? (I dont know how else to phrase it, but you know what I mean). Anyways, I would really appreciate your opinion.

33

Most Helpful Guy

• Once I saw a tall blonde at the shopping mall that I went. She was with her husband and kids. She was stunning with her kids, and her husband was right there for her. He was short than her, but he's masculine and more importantly, he looks like a good person taking responsibility for the family.
    That's just an example that I saw which you can draw a conclusion from.
    Also, guys by instinct, are protective of women. So when a girl appear to be taller, stronger or larger than the guy, he might think he is not qualified or good enough to provide her with the same kind of security that an equally tall, strong, large male can. You innocently imitate the shorter guys away... It is all about mindset, but in real life people are trapped in it. I can understand that you are tall, and most people are short. But a lot of people are tall as well, and you just have to find them. If there are not that many tall guys in your area, I guess what you can do is send signals to the shorter guys you like in order to remind him that height does not matter.

What Guys Said 32

• To be honest, I wouldn't care if she was taller than me. Sure, she can get the jar of jam on the higher shelves by herself, but she'll still need me to get it open LOL

I think it's mostly girls who want taller guys. If you don't care about being with a smaller dude, then you won't have a problem.

• Then it doesn't make you feel weird if a girl were taller than you? Like you wouldn't feel weak or anything like that?

• okay, thanks for your opinion. Im glad that I see open mindedness

• My pleasure dear !
      I hope many others will share my opinion !

• Well, I'm 6'4", so you would still be short to me. There are plenty of other guys out there around my height, and taller, so you shouldn't worry. :)

• Considering I'm 5'5, not really.
    Though, I have asked out a girl who was like 5'9, it obviously ended with a no. 😂

• It doesn't really matter much with my height so yeah I like tall girls.

• It's fine... I wear heels anyway😑😑😑😑awkss.

• Rarely a guy is attracted to only girls taller than him, the hight thing is something that is some what programed into our society, that guys sould tipical be taller than the girl. As for myself there have been girls I have seen that were taller than me that I thought was attractive, but not sure I would date one because she is taller than me. I ok tho with girls that are the same hight or shorter to me. I am myself 6'2".

• Well I'm 6 feet tall and you are in the range of height that I'm looking for.
    So yes I would be interested if a girl was 5'11.
    If she was taller than me I would be intimidated.

• Oh, very much! I find tall a very hot aspect! 😋
    I'm not sure what you mean by masculinity, though. 😅

• I love tall girls! I'm myself very tall so usually they look all very small next to me. it's not really important at the end but if she tall then that's a plus ;)

• terrible English but you get what I wanted to say lol

• well, i'm 6'3" so you would be the ideal height for a guy like me. not too far to bend down to hug (or kiss) and us tall guys don't have to keep bending over for such hugs. an i like girls that are between 5'6" and 6'2" because i prefer to be taller

• I am 6'3, and I like tall women. Nothing against the petite ladies, but I like to hug and kiss standing straight.

• im a short guy, so i prefer short girls or same height as me.. not those who are much taller

but i like sexy legs of taller girls, although i have not been with taller girls

• To me its sexy... but she should be about my height... I am only 5'10

• Yeah !!! Tall girls look sexy than those who are short

• Depends... if she's a waif then no. If she's a brickhouse, yes.

• I'm 6'2 so 5'11 is just perfect height for me

• I love tall girls

• i love taller girls, cuz longer legs means ore legs to be rubbing on

• I like girls more if they are taller than me.

• It depends upon boys height

• We like tall girls but it's just weird to date a girl who is taller than you. If you're hugging or kissing you would have to be the one to look down. Guys will usually date a girl who is around their height or shorter.

I'm 5'8" and in 7th grade. I'm not saying this is true towards you but I read somewhere that about 70%-90% of relationships where the girl is taller end within a month.

We like to be the taller one in the relationship because it is easier to hug, kiss, cuddle, etc.

• I'm good with that (but be prepared for a LOT of criticism or jealousy from society)

• I think it is perfect height for you., I love tall girls although I am 5.10+

• I'm 6'2" and I love tall girls, thin, tall and sexy yum

• I think tall women can be extremely beautiful but they aren't interested in short men, so I seldom ask them out. I asked a tall woman out last year and she hit me with the "I'm too busy" line and so I left it at that haha.

• Yeah i liked a tall girl. She was pretty, still is.

• I like tall girls Miss Monroe.

• I prefer tall girls, they're usually hotter. I'm tall so it's more convenient if a girl is too - I hate having to bend all the time.

• I like short girls but both are gorgeous

• I like tall girls cuz I'm tall.

• More from Guys
    2