Guys, Do guys like smart shy girls?

i am just tired of guessing now

20

Most Helpful Guy

• If by "smart" you mean intelligent and with common sense, and uses it. Thinks for herself and doesn't blindly follow the stupid cow crown and can think outside the box... then OMG yes, Yes YES!!!

Well, smart guys do anyway. Nothing gets old faster for me than banging a stupid hot girl. Nothing's next!

What Guys Said 19

• Yeah.

The problem is, there's a lot of guys who second-guess themselves. They assume the girl doesn't have feelings for them until proven otherwise.

And a shy girl won't prove otherwise. No hints, or flirting. Just life as usual.

So if the guy thinks the girl doesn't like him, then he won't make a sign. And if the girl doesn't get a sign, she will assume that he doesn't like her, and now she won't make a sign.

You end up with two shy people, assuming the worst, who never get in a relationship.

It sounds like a cheesy-ass Disney movie, but it happens.

People with more energy care less about consequences and are more open to their feelings, which opens the door for more comfortable flirting.

• Just to add to this (which puts it better than I could) you have girls who are shy and smart and PANIC when the guy tries to talk to them, and turn him down.

• completely depends on the girl, not only if she is shy and smart.

• Yes i like shy girls, as long as she is talkative when she is with me.

Smart girls? Sure, as long as she isn't a complete braniac. She has to still be fun to hang out with, and be able to have funny conversations with. I don't want to date a total boring nerd who only talks about books and shit.

• Theoretically.

In practice if someone is both good looking and intelligent, and doesn't talk to people, people tend to assume they're stuck up or stand-offish and that they wouldn't have a chance with them.

People don't know that others are shy.

• Well the guys whom you don't talk to have to keep guessing too, which is why you might not know they find you attractive.

To be fair, I am pretty sure most people would not identify as "stupid but social". It depends on overall behavior and looks.

• Smart - Yes. Shy - No, I prefer self-confident and assertive girls, because I'm too shy.

• Honestly I only "like" someone if they're pretty. Beauty is half the battle, once u've got that, u keep me with personality.

• If she was that kind of girls like sneaks. under the table shy type nah i don't.
    But if she was innocent smart shy beautiful girl yes i do.

• Every guy likes something different

• Yes but they are the hardest to approach and the hardest to make a break through with.

• As long as they're not Psychology Majors, yes.

• Yeah that is because it's a part of who she is!

• of course! but I'm shy myself, so we probably never get together xD

• Yes we like shy girls.

• depends
    on
    who
    >smart
    kek.

• Yes they're the bestest.

• Yes. I've always been attracted to the shy girls. Brains are always a plus too

• I really like intelligent women. In all honesty I couldn't be with someone who isn't intelligent.

• Yes I like them types (: