In real life, are short girls seen as attractive or not?

I've been told that I'm cute a lot of times, but for me, cute is what one calls a child, so when people call me cute, it makes me think they see me as a child. And a lot of times I've been mistaken as younger than my age. I'm 4'9 and turning 20 this year. I guess the reason why I'm asking is because in films, taller women are viewed as beautiful, and I personally also think of taller women as more beautiful.

also, would guys not want to date me and think I'm too young because of my height? I tend to be skinny as well which adds to the problem of me seeming younger than 20.

Most Helpful Guy

• I am 6' 1" and I dated two girls who were 4' 11" and I liked them just fine. I think beauty is more commonly looked at in facial features although for some beauty does shine from within. What I mean is a girl who does not exactly catch my eye initially can become more attractive if I learn she has an amazing heart. Although I do think a lot of people are more attracted to taller people, almost everyone has someone who is looking for exactly who they are. Tall, short, thin, chubby, freckled, tan, pale, dark, whatever! Learn to like yourself for who you are and your chances of finding others who appreciate you increase exponentially.

Most Helpful Girl

• I know how you feel I'm just a little over 5'1" and when I'm in crowded areas like a mall or something I feel so small. Its almost kinda like your still a child compared to everyone.

What Guys Said 16

• Don't obsess about semantics, but, yes, plenty of short girls are attractive. Look at Kristin Chenoweth who is not even 5 feet tall.
    www.google.com/search

• They sure can be seen as Attractive. Usually "Cute" is the word used when describing short girls who are beautiful but that doesn't mean they see you as a child.

• I prefer short girls and I am relatively tall.
    My wife is 5' even and she is hot to most men. I'd say the majority of men don't really care how tall a girl is as long as they are attractive.

• The only problem with short women is that they (often) don't date under 6'2".

• Personally I go for girls that are cute and short or cute In general

• Yes I know attractive short girls

• Short + thin = attractive
    Short + fat = unattractive

• Longer legs are hotter so yea taller chicks, Id personally not go for that. Since its like below my chest lol but some would

• Yes they are attractive depends on the preference on the guy but what's another word for cute, I can't think of any.

• yes they are attractive cause they are short and always asks for help to reach things and stuff and it feels good to walk by them cause u feel superior

• I dig shorter girls. I don't think that there is anything wrong with your height.

• I'm a guy who prefers a short girl (:

• Very Attractive in my humble opinion.

• I think short girls, average height, and tall girls are attractive.

• It's hot, at least, it's hot once you're old enough that you're clearly not a child.

It's probably been a hindrance in your teens, but as an adult, it shouldn't be.

• I am short so any woman I date will be at least below-average in height. I have been asked out by women taller, and sorry to say, it creeps me out.

What Girls Said 3

• Many men like short girls and consider that to be a part of the girl's natural beauty. Others prefer taller girls.

• tbh i don't think so... as a short girl.. lemme tell you that most guys are into taller chicks -_-'

• I totally know how you feel! I'm a 5'2' and it's really hard for me to gain weight, but I'm not really skinny. So when I'm with my friends who are tall, they look so mature and sexy, and I can't help feeling like a little girl who missed her curfew :p I feel so not sexy haha but everybody keep saying that it's okay to be short, that I look younger. but it's really what you want to hear when you're 26